Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know, man, I may not be able to resist the 3rd kit this year :kanehand:

Screen_Shot_2021_05_11_at_10.09.26_AM.png

I made the decision early this year that I will actively make sure I do not contribute to Enic again. No sky or bt subscription, no ticket sales no merchandise. Nothing official related to Enic will be purchased and I’ve told friends and family I want no more branded goods from them.

It‘s not going to make an impact on Teflon Dan but it will make me feel cleaner. It also means my children won’t get the match day experience at WHL and if it means they end up supporting Manu or Liverpool when they get older so be it. Obviously they won’t be scum fans.

The amount of money I’ve spent supporting Spurs would probably pay one day of Kanes wages so I get this is a token gesture but tokens do add up.

I will enjoy going to my local non league team for live football and watching Spurs in a pub or on a free dodgy stream.

Have decided myself I won’t be investing anymore under ENIC and Levy. I think more and more fans are starting to turn. I wanted to give them this summer to see if they could draft in a manager of quality, but once again we are a shambles. Not good enough.
Disgraceful thing to say , you are not fit to be called a Spurs customer. You are clearly a fan and the club don’t need people like you

Can we get a sense of perspective here, rather than come across as such entitled brats? There's fans of at least 80 other clubs in this country who would be delighted to have Levy as their chairman.

I absolutely get the frustration, but aside from success in the early 80s when I was too young to remember, Spurs have been fucking dogshit for at least 75% of my life. This spell right now is really frustrating, and mistakes have been made, but it's still better than Scholar or Sugar, and me boycotting would make zero fucking difference so I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, and achieve nothing.

Maybe I'll get a fuck ton of disagrees for this but
Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN
Fuck off mate.
No offence like

Can we get a sense of perspective here, rather than come across as such entitled brats? There's fans of at least 80 other clubs in this country who would be delighted to have Levy as their chairman.

I absolutely get the frustration, but aside from success in the early 80s when I was too young to remember, Spurs have been fucking dogshit for at least 75% of my life. This spell right now is really frustrating, and mistakes have been made, but it's still better than Scholar or Sugar, and me boycotting would make zero fucking difference so I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, and achieve nothing.

Just got confirmation from the club that myself and son have cancelled season tickets. 300loyalty points down the drain.

mixed feelings but a few straws this summer broke

2 seats now available in the south stand section 324

So you would be happy with finishing below Southampton in the league in 11th if we won the League Cup as we did in 99? I absolutely wouldn’t.

The other factor you forget about the recent past is the comparative success we have had versus Woolwich. I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.
I wouldn’t exactly say we’ve had ‘comparative success’ versus Woolwich. Since Enic have owned us, we’ve only finished above Woolwich 5 times & they’ve managed to win 8 trophies in that time. Managing to finish above Woolwich is only judged as ‘success’ by Spurs fans, it’s not a trophy. Bearing in mind over the last 5 or 6 years, it’s probably been the worse Woolwich team for the last 30yrs & yet they have still managed to win 3 trophies

I think 90% of the country's fans would love our squad, stadium and league status, but I doubt they are clamouring for Daniel Levy. There are loads of Chairmen doing better jobs in football terms relative to their available resources.

I suspect a fair % of those espousing this stance stream matches and never go to games anyway or buy merch anyway.

.....But hats off to any genuine action taken. I respect your conviction (rather than those that do nothing but bitch and moan to strangers on the internet).
But on the otherside of the coin there are those that because of age, or ailment, cannot travel to demo,s/protestes etc, but they are still non the less solid spurs fans some for many many years, so internet is the only way for them to voice their opinion. Just because some dont buy the goods, and walk about in club shirts etc (thats more for the younger ones in my opinion)does not mean they are less passionate, as they were probably supporting the club long before a lot of current supporters were even born.

Bingo.

It's hillarious how the sheep keep on braying, mind.
Just to put the tv subscription comment in context, I’m someone who in the 90s used to pay for flight,hotel and ticket to watch a match whilst people were complaining of ticket prices, now I’m so disillusioned with current owners won’t even watch them on TV… in the 90s there was always next year, with these cunts it’s the same shit every year, no ambition to win, just make money.

Do one

I think a more pertinent question is list the chairmen who aren't better than Levy. Why would any club swap their chairman for Levy? What's he actually good at from a 'running a football club' perspective?

People seem to laud the fact that he's a cunt to deal with, but that just results in us saving 500k on the odd deal here and there, while we miss out on all of our top targets because we piss the selling clubs off too much by low balling them. And then they refuse to deal with us in the future. Plus when we do bring anyone in its usually 4 weeks after the season's started, they have no preseason to gel with the rest of the squad, and by that time we've already dropped so many points that we're playing catch up.

Gave up my TV subscriptions about a month before season ended (only paid for them to watch Spurs) too many ruined weekends and with the owners only motivated by money and not success came to the realization rather than keep beating my head of a brick wall in frustration each weekend would take a step back until A) they fucked off or B) drastically changed their ways (with Joe not giving a fuck can't see that happening) The last month missing Spurs felt great, all be it I missed the glory of qualifying for the Eurovision Conference. I stopped buying anything Tottenham a long time ago, I have been anti-ENIC probably about 10 years, never could see us becoming winners under them, they never had that motivation to go for titles when the multiple oppporunties arose, always held back happy to only spend to increase income streams from European football and property, trophies a nice bonus which is why we never got fuck all. Having an owner that doesn't give a shit about football or the fans is just wrong to the core. Also ESL and Stratford these cunts showed their true colors.

Over the last 10 years we have had chances to win cups and we fell at the final hurdle. We have had chances to win the league which I’m not sure I have seen that position in the previous 40 years I have followed Spurs. Unfortunately we didn’t quite make it.

You see these things as the cup half empty. You see these as failures. I see these as the cup half full. I see these as successes.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom