Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suspect a fair % of those espousing this stance stream matches and never go to games or buy merch anyway.

.....But hats off to any genuine action taken. I respect your conviction (rather than those that do nothing but bitch and moan to strangers on the internet).

Last edited:
I dare say there are ways you can help facilitate and mobilise a substantial protest effort if you feel suitably inspired.

(There are numerous protest-related threads kicking about for brain storming purposes.)
I was thinking of really giving it to the man and joining my internet stream 10 minutes late.

Hitting ENIC and Levy where it really hurts

Bye - glory hunters have never been welcome .... you won't be missed.
“It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.”

this seems laughable now, Levy is literally pissing on Bill and the clubs tradition. Fuck off

Aiming high?

:nunoshock:

We have missed every single chance at taking any kind of meaningful last steps. In fact, ENIC has gone out of their way to capitalise financially on talent rather than "aiming high" whenever they had the chance.

Since 99 we had, what, 2 smallest possibly cup wins, and both were from rebounds into the paths (and gobs) of the honourable gentlemen Nielsen and Woodgate.

We haven't been "aiming" to do shit. We have TALKED about doing all sorts of shit.

Hillarious that this cult can't tell "the difference" - yet talks about other people not undetstanding that same "difference".
If I were you I wouldn't argue with the outsider. Hes the biggest enic bottom licker there is. Whatever you say he'll disagree with

I wouldn’t exactly say we’ve had ‘comparative success’ versus Woolwich. Since Enic have owned us, we’ve only finished above Woolwich 5 times & they’ve managed to win 8 trophies in that time. Managing to finish above Woolwich is only judged as ‘success’ by Spurs fans, it’s not a trophy. Bearing in mind over the last 5 or 6 years, it’s probably been the worse Woolwich team for the last 30yrs & yet they have still managed to win 3 trophies

"comparative succes"

Fucking hell.

They wiped the floor with us, including stealing our captain, winning doubles and taking the title at our ground.

When the hell did these people start following Spurs?

Do you have to be so antagonistic each time you post? Do you actually listen to what people say or are you just looking to put down anyone that takes a stand against the ownership (not spurs) For a Spurs fan to take a step back after near 40 years of supporting is extremely hard, why the animosity towards that? It would be easier to also stick our heads in the sand and pretend that things will be better next 20 years, the reality learning from history we will continue as the nearly men setting record profits, moving further up the club rich list and finding new property or non footballing ventures to invest the football income on.
Also I advise you to take time out to listen on THST podcast on what Levy said about fans regarding non consultation on the ESL but if you prefer not to I would summarize it for you, he thinks fans are dumbasses, let’s not prove him right. Tottenham ownership is a microcosm of society, the wealthy few dividing and conquering, we as fans have much more in common and these chancers don’t deserve your unwavering support, at the very least they should be held accountable for their many failures and questionable motives.

People who say what?

That they're not happy our club, who haven't won the title for 60 years, have just had it's best decade in our history? The most top six finishes in ten years that we've ever had .... isn't that just a bit entitled?

That have gone from near bankruptcy in the 90's to one of the best run clubs in the world?

That now have one of the best stadiums in the world?

That reached its first ever C? Final?

That will have spent more on new players in the last three years than any other three years in our history?

Are those the thing you're so unhappy about?

Or is the reality that you'd rather be a money-laundering classless club run by oligarchs and despots - who cares as long as you win a few trophies? Is that really what you think all decent Spurs fans want?

I'd take another 60 years of trying to do things the right way rather than sell our soul to the highest bidder - but maybe that's just me.

No offence taken.

It's a subject that a lot of people rightly have strong feelings about. I've got no issues with people feeling differently, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I don't feel anywhere near as good about supporting Spurs now as I did 2-5 years ago, and I'm probably spending less time reading about Spurs, listening to Spurs podcasts, and generally thinking about Spurs now than I have in a long time. My enthusiasm is really low right now because of the way things are, but to outright boycott is something I personally feel is too strong, especially when you look at the shit most football fans have to deal with.

We've had moments like this before, when things went sour under AVB, we ended up with Sherwood, and it was impossible to imagine how things would turn around. The fact that things improved vastly from there gives me the hope, no matter how naively, that Levy can pull it out the bag again. Obviously he fucked up with bringing Mourinho in, but it absolutely makes sense that he saw things were so bad he had to do something and saw this huge superstar was available and was interested. While stupid, it's not hard to see how he was blinded by that opportunity being too good to pass up. The club was making a lot of progress before that, so no reason why that can't be the case again.

I agree with you to an extent on the turnaround after things went wrong with AVB but that is because Levy won the Lottery and appointed Poch. Poch then identified and got rid of the trouble makers. It would have been easier to maintain where we were and put a plan in place involving Poch when finished 2nd but we decided to have one of a number transfer windows where we chased targets of opportunity.

The fact Leicester have a plan is why the overtook us look at Maguire they had a replacement plan in place and used the 80m to rebuild. If we are not careful we will never overtake Leicester again

I haven't given them a penny since they failed to back Poch in back to back windows, that's when the penny finally dropped for me that they didn't give a shit about this football club other than to make profit.

And I was proven right.
I'm with you brother. That was the point I relinquished my membership.

Difficult decision, but the right one. And although I went to a few random matches under Jose, I've now decided enough is enough..

I cannot stomach the thought of feeding these scummy rats one more penny of my hard earned cash.

I’m scratching my head with this comment. We won the FA Cup in 1990-91 and the League Cup in 1998-99. Those years we finished 10th and 11th in the league respectively.
Why are you scratching your head, Ulrika? You just confirmed exactly what I posted.

Would you like to also further prove my point by listing what we won in the 80's, 70's, 60's and 50's ?

The game is about glory, love. Not just league position and profit

Last edited:
Why are you scratching your head, Ulrika? You just confirmed exactly what I posted.

Would you like to also further prove my point by listing what we won in the 80's, 70's, 60's and 50's ?

The game is about glory, love. Not just league position and profit
I agree but the modern game has become about profit and position. We used to laugh at woolwich and their top 4 trophy but we have become the same.

I look back on the 87 season and don't even recall our final league position, was it third? What I do remember is losing out on nearly winning two cups that season, same for 91, mid table but who cares, we beat woolwich in the cup final , still my best day supporting spurs

Would I take a tenth place finish and an fa cup win? Every bloody time, it's a sport , the objective is to win competitions.

So you would be happy with finishing below Southampton in the league in 11th if we won the League Cup as we did in 99? I absolutely wouldn’t.

The other factor you forget about the recent past is the comparative success we have had versus Woolwich. I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.

I stand to be corrected but I bet our Win % in the last 10 years under ENIC exceeds anything we comparatively achieved in the 90’s under Sugar (League win%, FA Cup win% Europe win%).

In my view ENIC have created an environment where we expect to be successful as we have been competitive against all comers. Prior to them being on board barring a couple of lucky cup runs we simply werent competitive against the best.

I love that rhetoric thing you do - Force the recipient of chosing between now and [something objectively worse].

Your premise is a complete fallacy, though.

The real question is chosing between now and where we could have been with all the clubs brand, pulling power, geography, commercial base, fan base, TV revenue inflation, talent and player turnover from then and up til now. If it wasn't for the cynical c*nts running the club as if they had a clue nor care about the the football.

Are some fans begrudging other fans for supporting the team? Sorry chaps I will be going to every Spurs game I can get to. I even bought a Spurs jacket a few weeks ago. Yes, yes, I must be a Levy cultist.

So your claims were all hot air .... you're still posting thus generating traffic on a site that advertises Spurs products - full of shit but at least by your own admission you're no longer a Spurs fan, thank goodness.
Do you have to be so antagonistic each time you post? Do you actually listen to what people say or are you just looking to put down anyone that takes a stand against the ownership (not spurs) For a Spurs fan to take a step back after near 40 years of supporting is extremely hard, why the animosity towards that? It would be easier to also stick our heads in the sand and pretend that things will be better next 20 years, the reality learning from history we will continue as the nearly men setting record profits, moving further up the club rich list and finding new property or non footballing ventures to invest the football income on.
Also I advise you to take time out to listen on THST podcast on what Levy said about fans regarding non consultation on the ESL but if you prefer not to I would summarize it for you, he thinks fans are dumbasses, let’s not prove him right. Tottenham ownership is a microcosm of society, the wealthy few dividing and conquering, we as fans have much more in common and these chancers don’t deserve your unwavering support, at the very least they should be held accountable for their many failures and questionable motives.

I have to confess that we bought food and drink in the stadium at the Man City game :oops:, too damn convenient.
:levywhoa:
Embarrassed Shame GIF

ENIC are doing a great job, I'm a big fan.

Much prefer us growing organically by investing in our academy and bringing through top young players like Kane and Winks, to splashing the cash on glitzy names.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom