Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I made the decision early this year that I will actively make sure I do not contribute to Enic again. No sky or bt subscription, no ticket sales no merchandise. Nothing official related to Enic will be purchased and I’ve told friends and family I want no more branded goods from them.

It‘s not going to make an impact on Teflon Dan but it will make me feel cleaner. It also means my children won’t get the match day experience at WHL and if it means they end up supporting Manu or Liverpool when they get older so be it. Obviously they won’t be scum fans.

The amount of money I’ve spent supporting Spurs would probably pay one day of Kanes wages so I get this is a token gesture but tokens do add up.

I will enjoy going to my local non league team for live football and watching Spurs in a pub or on a free dodgy stream.

I made the decision early this year that I will actively make sure I do not contribute to Enic again. No sky or bt subscription, no ticket sales no merchandise. Nothing official related to Enic will be purchased and I’ve told friends and family I want no more branded goods from them.

It‘s not going to make an impact on Teflon Dan but it will make me feel cleaner. It also means my children won’t get the match day experience at WHL and if it means they end up supporting Manu or Liverpool when they get older so be it. Obviously they won’t be scum fans.

The amount of money I’ve spent supporting Spurs would probably pay one day of Kanes wages so I get this is a token gesture but tokens do add up.

I will enjoy going to my local non league team for live football and watching Spurs in a pub or on a free dodgy stream.
No this is what we need. The fact is they have got away with it too long. We need to show how unhappy we are.

What if the season goes surprisingly well? Playing devils advocate ofc.

What if the season goes surprisingly well? Playing devils advocate ofc.
Really does depend on what we are able to forgive. The problem at Spurs now is that we have actually forgiven a lot over a long time so that anytime it goes a bit south all the bad things come back to layer current deserved criticism.

And somethings I have personally never been able to forgive. I have been furious about Kane’s disposal because when it’s happened before it ends up with Frazier Campbell. It’s been 13 years since Levy mugged us there but I am still fucking angry over that. Carrick was 15 years ago. Still makes me cross. The Rasiak deal for Jol. Fuck….. the anger gets layered so even a good season is never compensation I feel.

Really does depend on what we are able to forgive. The problem at Spurs now is that we have actually forgiven a lot over a long time so that anytime it goes a bit south all the bad things come back to layer current deserved criticism.

And somethings I have personally never been able to forgive. I have been furious about Kane’s disposal because when it’s happened before it ends up with Frazier Campbell. It’s been 13 years since Levy mugged us there but I am still fucking angry over that. Carrick was 15 years ago. Still makes me cross. The Rasiak deal for Jol. Fuck….. the anger gets layered so even a good season is never compensation I feel.
BTW as a former Levy supporter over the last number of seasons I have lost my belief in him, im just interested if we tore out of the blocks next season I think any talk of a protest would soon die off.

The forced buy back of the shares. The dismissal of Jol. The highest priced tickets in world sport. Levy the highest paid chairman. The 2 year delay on the stadium. The ridiculous cost because nfl. Borrowing money in the clubs name that we, well not me atm, will have to pay back in higher priced tickets and concessions.

Give me a billion pounds and I can build you a new stadium. Levy proves time after time he is inept in almost every facet of chairmanship yet he is lauded as a genius because he saves a million quid on a mid range euro flop.

Time is up now. The only way is through cash. The booing will help but its really only money he understands.

I don't know, man, I may not be able to resist the 3rd kit this year :kanehand:

Screen_Shot_2021_05_11_at_10.09.26_AM.png

Can we get a sense of perspective here, rather than come across as such entitled brats? There's fans of at least 80 other clubs in this country who would be delighted to have Levy as their chairman.

I absolutely get the frustration, but aside from success in the early 80s when I was too young to remember, Spurs have been fucking dogshit for at least 75% of my life. This spell right now is really frustrating, and mistakes have been made, but it's still better than Scholar or Sugar, and me boycotting would make zero fucking difference so I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, and achieve nothing.

Maybe I'll get a fuck ton of disagrees for this but
Fresh Prince Shrug GIF by MOODMAN

Can we get a sense of perspective here, rather than come across as such entitled brats? There's fans of at least 80 other clubs in this country who would be delighted to have Levy as their chairman.

I absolutely get the frustration, but aside from success in the early 80s when I was too young to remember, Spurs have been fucking dogshit for at least 75% of my life. This spell right now is really frustrating, and mistakes have been made, but it's still better than Scholar or Sugar, and me boycotting would make zero fucking difference so I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face, and achieve nothing.

Do one

Fuck off mate.
No offence like

I think many have seen the reality what our future lies with these super cunts .
It doesn't matter how meagre your stance the seeds of anger are growing and your stand only has to be admired .

I think 90% of the country's fans would love our squad, stadium and league status, but I doubt they are clamouring for Daniel Levy. There are loads of Chairmen doing better jobs in football terms relative to their available resources.

Fuck off mate.
No offence like
No offence taken.

It's a subject that a lot of people rightly have strong feelings about. I've got no issues with people feeling differently, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I don't feel anywhere near as good about supporting Spurs now as I did 2-5 years ago, and I'm probably spending less time reading about Spurs, listening to Spurs podcasts, and generally thinking about Spurs now than I have in a long time. My enthusiasm is really low right now because of the way things are, but to outright boycott is something I personally feel is too strong, especially when you look at the shit most football fans have to deal with.

We've had moments like this before, when things went sour under AVB, we ended up with Sherwood, and it was impossible to imagine how things would turn around. The fact that things improved vastly from there gives me the hope, no matter how naively, that Levy can pull it out the bag again. Obviously he fucked up with bringing Mourinho in, but it absolutely makes sense that he saw things were so bad he had to do something and saw this huge superstar was available and was interested. While stupid, it's not hard to see how he was blinded by that opportunity being too good to pass up. The club was making a lot of progress before that, so no reason why that can't be the case again.

Back
Top Bottom