Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are some fans begrudging other fans for supporting the team? Sorry chaps I will be going to every Spurs game I can get to. I even bought a Spurs jacket a few weeks ago. Yes, yes, I must be a Levy cultist.

Aiming high?

:nunoshock:

We have missed every single chance at taking any kind of meaningful last steps. In fact, ENIC has gone out of their way to capitalise financially on talent rather than "aiming high" whenever they had the chance.

Since 99 we had, what, 2 smallest possibly cup wins, and both were from rebounds into the paths (and gobs) of the honourable gentlemen Nielsen and Woodgate.

We haven't been "aiming" to do shit. We have TALKED about doing all sorts of shit.

Hillarious that this cult can't tell "the difference" - yet talks about other people not undetstanding that same "difference".
If I were you I wouldn't argue with the outsider. Hes the biggest enic bottom licker there is. Whatever you say he'll disagree with

So you would be happy with finishing below Southampton in the league in 11th if we won the League Cup as we did in 99? I absolutely wouldn’t.

The other factor you forget about the recent past is the comparative success we have had versus Woolwich. I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.
I wouldn’t exactly say we’ve had ‘comparative success’ versus Woolwich. Since Enic have owned us, we’ve only finished above Woolwich 5 times & they’ve managed to win 8 trophies in that time. Managing to finish above Woolwich is only judged as ‘success’ by Spurs fans, it’s not a trophy. Bearing in mind over the last 5 or 6 years, it’s probably been the worse Woolwich team for the last 30yrs & yet they have still managed to win 3 trophies

So you would be happy with finishing below Southampton in the league in 11th if we won the League Cup as we did in 99? I absolutely wouldn’t.

Are you happy with winning fuck all for the 13th consecutive year and finishing below West Ham?
Would the 2 people who disagreed with my reply to Ulrika care to explain why?

She plucked 1999 out of her arse to try and make a point.

I simply used our most recent season to counteract that point.

Both posts are factual, so what's the problem?

It was always in ENIC's financial interest to access European revenue. That would have been part of their business strategy.

However, it was never their priority to build a cup winning squad. Falling at the final hurdle is very much linked to a lack of squad depth and overreliance on a few star players.

We have a player in Kane who will be villainised for wanting to leave because he can see what many other spurs fans can see, ENIC aren't here to please fans.
I also wonder how the ENIC supporters who refuse to accept they're only involved in football to make money, view the recent attempt to discard 140 years of history and join a European league we would have 0 chance of winning.

Do they think they were motivated by glory? Or Profit?

Are some fans begrudging other fans for supporting the team? Sorry chaps I will be going to every Spurs game I can get to. I even bought a Spurs jacket a few weeks ago. Yes, yes, I must be a Levy cultist.
I don't think anyone is saying that.
Everyone is entitled to act on how they feel and I fully respect your wish to continue to financially support the club and salute your love of Spurs.

This thread, however, is about those of us who find the principle of continuing to contribute financially to owners who openly admitted they're only involved to make money, abhorrent.

Most of us have supported this club for decades. Surely you can respect our opinion too?

We are all fully entitled to moan like fuck about the running of our club and I envisise on the OUR bit, it's fucking ours not Levy's, he is just holding the reigns and steering us down shit creek.
That’s what’s got lost. Some see levy & enic as part of the club & part of who they support. We are not enic fc with levy as manager.

Why are you scratching your head, Ulrika? You just confirmed exactly what I posted.

Would you like to also further prove my point by listing what we won in the 80's, 70's, 60's and 50's ?

The game is about glory, love. Not just league position and profit
Think about it league position means fuck all unless you finish first or in the bottom three. Its the greatest lie the devil ever pulled. Yeah I want to WIN the league cup and FA cup and would be chuffed if we did, it would feel better than finishing anywhere outside the top four.

The vaunted EPL is BS. Can you imagine how we'd love Pochettino even more if he'd bagged runners up to Leicester, that champions league final( disappointing though it was) and a couple of cups? To see that Dembele Vertonghen Alderweireld axsis with medals round their necks would have lasted me a life time.

I wouldn’t exactly say we’ve had ‘comparative success’ versus Woolwich. Since Enic have owned us, we’ve only finished above Woolwich 5 times & they’ve managed to win 8 trophies in that time. Managing to finish above Woolwich is only judged as ‘success’ by Spurs fans, it’s not a trophy. Bearing in mind over the last 5 or 6 years, it’s probably been the worse Woolwich team for the last 30yrs & yet they have still managed to win 3 trophies

"comparative succes"

Fucking hell.

They wiped the floor with us, including stealing our captain, winning doubles and taking the title at our ground.

When the hell did these people start following Spurs?

Oh they absolutely are.

If you want Nuno to do well and be a success your a "cuck".

Apparently.

So pretty much no more football for you ever, obviously this is your last post on a website that advertises Spurs merchandise via Google ads, in fact the entire internet is pretty much off limit for you as google ads are everywhere - are you a man of your word? or are you as ever full of hot air?

The only way you can be evenly remotely true to your word is close your account and go .... actions speak louder than meaningless false promises.

Lol. You simp.

I was at a football match today.

First round of the Facup.

Was tremendous fun. 2 red cards and a player jumped the barriers to have it out with a fan who was having a go at his dad.

Had a beer watching the entertainment too. And horror of horrors I watched it with a scum fan. Can you imagine?

Just because you buy into levys propaganda of 'this is my one club, my only club' bollocks plastered over the stands doesn't mean we all do.

You are a joke sir. A simple minded one at that if you think football begins and ends with what Levy decides what you watch.

Lol. You simp.

I was at a football match today.

First round of the Facup.

Was tremendous fun. 2 red cards and a player jumped the barriers to have it out with a fan who was having a go at his dad.

Had a beer watching the entertainment too. And horror of horrors I watched it with a scum fan. Can you imagine?

Just because you buy into levys propaganda of 'this is my one club, my only club' bollocks plastered over the stands doesn't mean we all do.

You are a joke sir. A simple minded one at that if you think football begins and ends with what Levy decides what you watch.

So your claims were all hot air .... you're still posting thus generating traffic on a site that advertises Spurs products - full of shit but at least by your own admission you're no longer a Spurs fan, thank goodness.

So your claims were all hot air .... you're still posting thus generating traffic on a site that advertises Spurs products - full of shit but at least by your own admission you're no longer a Spurs fan, thank goodness.
Do you have to be so antagonistic each time you post? Do you actually listen to what people say or are you just looking to put down anyone that takes a stand against the ownership (not spurs) For a Spurs fan to take a step back after near 40 years of supporting is extremely hard, why the animosity towards that? It would be easier to also stick our heads in the sand and pretend that things will be better next 20 years, the reality learning from history we will continue as the nearly men setting record profits, moving further up the club rich list and finding new property or non footballing ventures to invest the football income on.
Also I advise you to take time out to listen on THST podcast on what Levy said about fans regarding non consultation on the ESL but if you prefer not to I would summarize it for you, he thinks fans are dumbasses, let’s not prove him right. Tottenham ownership is a microcosm of society, the wealthy few dividing and conquering, we as fans have much more in common and these chancers don’t deserve your unwavering support, at the very least they should be held accountable for their many failures and questionable motives.

The other factor you forget about the recent past is the comparative success we have had versus Woolwich. I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.

I stand to be corrected but I bet our Win % in the last 10 years under ENIC exceeds anything we comparatively achieved in the 90’s under Sugar (League win%, FA Cup win% Europe win%).

In my view ENIC have created an environment where we expect to be successful as we have been competitive against all comers. Prior to them being on board barring a couple of lucky cup runs we simply werent competitive against the best.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Back
Top Bottom