Romelu Lukaku

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is 20, and has a 1 n 2 record at every club bar Chelsea. It wouldnt be unfair to think he can become more consistent with more experience, and he has a huge amount of potential to work with

this allday for me, Lukaku would be an un fucking believable signing

never gonna happen though, We need to go all out for Benteke and pay up this time then add a LB and we're sorted oh yeah bring in a proper manager too and have abit of patience

I dont believe these reports for a second

For one why quote 20 million for a player that chelsea bought for close to 20 million? His only enhanced his reputation..his price should be 25 plus

Secondly the chavs would not ever sell him to us.

Let's forget lukaku, benteke, a LM and a LB..and maybe caulker if Cardiff go down..LVG to our rescue!

Martin Jol?? His intentions are always for the good of the club but the guy does make some mistakes in his decision making, he is not perfect and of course no one is. I'm not anti Levy by the way I think he has done a lot of good things but not always.

Jol was his own victim there though, what with Newcastle & the Porsche thing I think he made himself quite unpopular in a Harry Redknapp type of way. The terrible form didn't help either.

Good point about total qualification and a few days of the window left..

Are they really asking for £25m? I read somewhere £17.5m.
£25m is a bit steep.
If memory serves didnt they pay £17m for him? The Mail or Telegraph article said £25m, so thats what is reported but pinch of salt and all that.
Either way, if he was high teens £ as a Belgian rookie, after two seasons of 1 in 2 goalscoring in the premiership his price will only have gone up wont it?

I think its a safe bet he is out of Evertons price range.
I also think its a safe bet Chelsea will not deal with us. I would like him though.

He is 20, and has a 1 n 2 record at every club bar Chelsea. It wouldnt be unfair to think he can become more consistent with more experience, and he has a huge amount of potential to work with

Oh wow, 1 in 2, Soldado was scoring more than that at his previous clubs and Adebayor has 11 in 19 to Lukaku's 12 in 24 this season.

Have you watched him play this season? He was pretty terrible for a long spell prior to his injury and only is just back to his frustrating best, Spurs fans would rip into him faster than Soldado.

Sorry but some people just see the name and not the performances and judge on that alone.

Oh wow, 1 in 2, Soldado was scoring more than that at his previous clubs and Adebayor has 11 in 19 to Lukaku's 12 in 24 this season.

Have you watched him play this season? He was pretty terrible for a long spell prior to his injury and only is just back to his frustrating best, Spurs fans would rip into him faster than Soldado.

Sorry but some people just see the name and not the performances and judge on that alone.

1 in 2 IN THE EPL. He did it for a mid table side, and now he is doing it for a top 6 side.

Im not blind. I know he is inconsistent. I know he can be frustrating.

I also know he is 20, has an exceptional record for his age and hold many of the qualities we would be looking for in a striker.

Im not his biggest fan by any stretch, but if we got him in Id be quite happy about it.

I would also look to keep Adebayor. Adebayor and Lukaku would be a very good pair to choose from.

1 in 2 IN THE EPL. He did it for a mid table side, and now he is doing it for a top 6 side.

Im not blind. I know he is inconsistent. I know he can be frustrating.

I also know he is 20, has an exceptional record for his age and hold many of the qualities we would be looking for in a striker.

Im not his biggest fan by any stretch, but if we got him in Id be quite happy about it.

I would also look to keep Adebayor. Adebayor and Lukaku would be a very good pair to choose from.

Still think the right manager can get Soldado back on form but if he goes I'd prefer Benteke over Lukaku.

Still think the right manager can get Soldado back on form but if he goes I'd prefer Benteke over Lukaku.

I really like Soldado, but I think Id be happier with him being moved on.
To get the best of him we need to build the team to suit him, and at 28 (29?) and still not showing signs he can cut it here I dont like the sound of that.

Lukaku, on the other hand, is a more robust and proven player (here).

Benteke? Id be delighted with him as well. Id probably prefer him to Lukaku in a straight choice, but Id be very happy with either.

To get the best of him we need to build the team to suit him, and at 28 (29?) and still not showing signs he can cut it here I dont like the sound of that.

Benteke? Id be delighted with him as well. Id probably prefer him to Lukaku in a straight choice, but Id be very happy with either.

Agreed, to clarify I'm not saying I'd be disappointed with Lukaku just believe the expectation of him at Spurs will be incredibly unrealistic from the get go.

I would imagine no decision would be made until we find out where Everton finish..
If they finish 4th then I would expect he would want to stay with Everton.
Everton are not prolific spenders but if they got 4th then the purse strings might be loosened, if they finish 5th then Lukaku may be a few million too far for them.

Everton won't have £25m to spend even with CL football

I don't consider the opinion of someone who still thinks Lennon is a revelation this season.
Quote a post of mine where I say that exact same thing.

I simply defended the unjust criticism from people who wanted him sold and deemed him a failure

Agreed, to clarify I'm not saying I'd be disappointed with Lukaku just believe the expectation of him at Spurs will be incredibly unrealistic from the get go.
You believe wrong, I'm afraid

Look how many are still supporting Soldado alone

Next striker we get should a prem player, lukaku, remy, bony or benteke would be fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom