Romelu Lukaku

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd love to see him at the Lane - but with Everton looking more likely to snatch 4th, and Martinez having earned the trust of their board - I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to gather up the cash to buy him permanently. Let's be honest, why would he pick Spurs over Everton where he's already happy when they're also doing better!

Yea, unfortunately I can't see it happening either. While Sherwood's still in charge I can't see us making any big signings. We just have to hope we'll soon get a respectable manager with experience and a good reputation that quality players are willing to sign for.

Never ever going to happen. He's the new Drogba, the old fan favourite. And Mourinho literally said that he doesn't think his current strikers are not good enough. Even Mourinho isn't silly enough to fork out on other striker when he has Lukaku as a back up.

IF he leaves that is. I mean I'm praying for it day and night but you never know with Levy. He always finds a way to screw us over.

I don't think Levy ever really screws us over, tbf.

I've never known him to keep a manager longer than the fans want. People just seem to have short, distorted memories - the guy has a pretty good grasp of what is going on.

He goes to every game, which is more than can be said of many many 'experts' on here who criticise him and the squad via laggy streams.

Last edited:

I've never known him to keep a manager long than the fans want. People just seem to have short, distorted memories - the guy has a pretty good grasp of what is going on.

He goes to every game, which is more than can be said of many many 'experts' on here who criticise him and the squad via laggy streams.

I suppose that's a fair point. I haven't really looked at it that way.

If it means he stays at Everton by proxy of them finishing above Woolwich I'm happy for him to be at Merseyside.

I also feel that if we have Adebayor, we won't be able to keep them both happy as they are very similar players both with egos.

I've never known him to keep a manager long than the fans want. People just seem to have short, distorted memories - the guy has a pretty good grasp of what is going on.

Martin Jol?? His intentions are always for the good of the club but the guy does make some mistakes in his decision making, he is not perfect and of course no one is. I'm not anti Levy by the way I think he has done a lot of good things but not always.

I'd love to see him at the Lane - but with Everton looking more likely to snatch 4th, and Martinez having earned the trust of their board - I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to gather up the cash to buy him permanently. Let's be honest, why would he pick Spurs over Everton where he's already happy when they're also doing better!
Not entirely sure Everton are likely to finish 4th. It's in their hands, for sure, but their fixture list is a bit rotten.

Think Lukaku has burnt his bridges with Mourinho. Saying that, Chelasa would probably rather keep him and let him rot in the reserves than sell him to us.

Back
Top Bottom