Rooney ban

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah mate, since the build-up to Italia 1990, I can't think of such a general feeling of pessimism towards England. Hope we do well, you can never really tell in tournament football how we'll get on.

Thelonious Filth said:
Yeah mate, since the build-up to Italia 1990, I can't think of such a general feeling of pessimism towards England. Hope we do well, you can never really tell in tournament football how we'll get on.

Probably because we usually choke so badly. We have options, i really hope we use the time now to work out some form of partnership. I get pissed of with being all hopeful and then being shit

FIFA & UEFA hate England. World Cup host was a joke, now Rooney 3 games is a real knife in the back. Group stages will be a test of depth.

I agree he should be taken, but now is the time to find a good replacement. Carroll, Bent, Crouch?

The new formation fits all 3 well, with Young and Wallcott making up the 3 upfront. You can't deny Crouch's goalscoring record at international level. The not so popular friendlies before next year will be crucial now.

Sturridge and/or Wellbeck more likely I think. Rooney deserves his ban, embarrassing that we're even contemplating appealing the ban.

I'd imagine so, I think in a tournament, anything can happen. Last time the nation was so against the England team we got to the semis.

Admittedly the pool of great teams at the 1990 World Cup was pretty shallow. Only West Germany were really any good.

The 96 team was better imo, the current team aren't bad. They just have an awful attitude which even Mourinho couldn't fix.

Euro 96 team was quality. Shearer, Sheringham, Ince, Adams, Seaman. Robbie Fowler was in his prime and could only make the bench. Even though the 96 team had Gooners in it, I respected them and didn't hate them when they played for England. The current team is full of cunts

I'll always support England, obviously not as much as I do Spurs. I think footballers on the whole are cunts but I can separate the 2.

I'm still out of love with England. Problem is the country and its weak mental state when it comes to genuine desire and the media always cripple our hopes.

We should just accept we are a 'third world' country in football terms and just play up to an underdog tag rather than this supposedly dark horse that might go all the way.

We are vastly over-rated.

we could be ranked 10000000000000000000th and I'll still support them, couldn't give a fuck about the media hype. Not having a dig btw. x

Back
Top Bottom