Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't get the obsession with Barkley. He's no better than what we've got. Pretty dim footballer imo.
Agreed, however he does possess the ability to take players on. I'd be looking at spain to see if we can get a young, talented AM who can play one-touch football and has some dribbling ability. Would have more smarts than ross. Was a reason why i didn't want him and gomes but would have taken gomes on his own (especially only on loan).

Bearing mind what just happened will Everton be willing to listen to our offers in January though? The poor kid might never kick a ball all season until his contract runs down.

The boy seems to have well & truly burned his bridges with EFC. At least 95% of the fans have turned on him & Koeman said (a week or two back) he has no future at the club.

Definitely wont be playing for EFC in Feb.....would love to be a fly on the wall when Levy puts his £10m bid in!

Does have a slight whiff of the Judas situation although he made his position known to EFC weeks ago whereas Judas strung us along until the final day.

Chelsea getting rejected twice, even with all of their money, is fucking hilarious.

Quote from Grand Old Team;

"Hope Spurs have a crap season and are languishing in mid table obscurity in January and Alli is off"

You'll be the ones propping up the top half, lads.

I guess in his mind he can challenge for the first team though, they all think like that or they wouldn't be elite athletes.
I don't think they all think like that at all. For many (hello Danny) a couple of good seasons seems to make them think they are entitled to a place in a top team.

I think it can go one of two ways. He comes in, does the business and usurps the likes of Dele, etc, meaning the latter has to up his game, or he kills his career by being a perennial bench warmer. Still, if he's minded to take the challenge then I suppose that outweighs the rest.

Not sure that logic works. He's just turned down a move to a "big boy", who bid £10m more for him, probably more wages too.
1) Are you honestly calling Chelsea a "big boy"?
2) Chelsea have a track record of buying top players and relegating them to squad back up. He wants to rebuild his career and the Chelsea model has been that if you don't hit the ground running you end up on the sidelines, big wages or otherwise. Far better to join a side that will give you the chance of being on show. Credit to him for being one of teh few players to spot this. But if it was just about trying as much as possible, why isn't he doing it at Everton?

Back
Top Bottom