Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t understand why we want him. He’s a clueless footballer.

Exactly how on earth based on last few games is this even still a thread?

Surely please we do not AGAIN get the same bollocks all January, surely the transfer lovers have learned their lesson by now, this kid will not improve us enough to spend the money, I cant even see who he replaces in our second choice / cup side

Exactly how on earth based on last few games is this even still a thread?

Surely please we do not AGAIN get the same bollocks all January, surely the transfer lovers have learned their lesson by now, this kid will not improve us enough to spend the money, I cant even see who he replaces in our second choice / cup side
I couldn't give two fucks if we do or don't. But it's totally relevant given we were clearly (as much as could possibly be believed in the bullshit transfer world) out for his signature. Just because you don't think he's all that or don't see a place for him doesn't make him an unworthy topic of discussion. And that's from me, someone who was happy if we just signed a Right Back.

I couldn't give two fucks if we do or don't. But it's totally relevant given we were clearly (as much as could possibly be believed in the bullshit transfer world) out for his signature. Just because you don't think he's all that or don't see a place for him doesn't make him an unworthy topic of discussion. And that's from me, someone who was happy if we just signed a Right Back.

Basically...... 1000 pages or we riot! :tobyarm:

There’s no evidence to suggest we were after him. It was a media/fan driven thing. We have much better players than him.

Worthy of discussion, perhaps, worthy of our 1st team? No way.

There’s no evidence to suggest we were after him. It was a media/fan driven thing. We have much better players than him.
Mate come on, there was never a 'hotter" topic in the summer. Same people writing about Walker were writing about Barkley. I'm not even going the route of red tops either. What happened on deadline day confirmed he was being sold too.

Mate come on, there was never a 'hotter" topic in the summer. Same people writing about Walker were writing about Barkley. I'm not even going the route of red tops either. What happened on deadline day confirmed he was being sold too.
Like I said, a media and fan driven thing. Not a word from the club.

That maybe so but with Winks emerging, Sissoko showing more and Dele maybe dropping into midfield more the case for him signing diminish by the week

With that said yes Poch can get a tune out of anyone and escpecially young English with a bit of talent, it's just as the squad is padding out there may not be a role for him and there could have been if he was more consistent himself last couple of years

That maybe so but with Winks emerging, Sissoko showing more and Dele maybe dropping into midfield more the case for him signing diminish by the week

With that said yes Poch can get a tune out of anyone and escpecially young English with a bit of talent, it's just as the squad is padding out there may not be a role for him and there could have been if he was more consistent himself last couple of years
I agree with that, but if we were interested in him 2 months ago, it's not impossible to assume the interest is still there. We might sell Dembele (*I'm sobbing) because of his injuries and instantly we might be light in midfield again. Again, I'm not bothered about him, I've seen him play great and poor. But I don't think it's pie in the sky stuff and given our interest he's a very relevant topic.

I think he would be a good addition to our squad. Sounds like some of you have disappeared up your own arse holes now wee are established as a top four side!

I think he would be a good addition to our squad. Sounds like some of you have disappeared up your own arse holes now wee are established as a top four side!
Not me. I just don’t want to buy an injured player who will hamper the development of our own players. I honestly don’t see what our fans see in him.

Surely when we were looking at him it was because Sissososososoko was performing badly, now we have him AND winks to pad out the midfield

With the change of Manager who I believe was the Barkley's problem there is a good chance he will stay at Everton. They have offered him more money than we would. Really not fussed either way. If he stays there he will compete with other players for a place and that will be the same if he comes to us or Chelsea. We rarely buy anyone significant in January but if he is fit and playing before then and Poch wants him then why not.

Not me. I just don’t want to buy an injured player who will hamper the development of our own players. I honestly don’t see what our fans see in him.
If he is fit and wants to play for Spurs, yes take him' He would be good next to Winks:

With the change of Manager who I believe was the Barkley's problem there is a good chance he will stay at Everton. They have offered him more money than we would. Really not fussed either way. If he stays there he will compete with other players for a place and that will be the same if he comes to us or Chelsea. We rarely buy anyone significant in January but if he is fit and playing before then and Poch wants him then why not.

I think he'll probably stay there till the Summer, not because he wants to but because it's dawning on the Everton hierarchy that they're in serious shit and it'll be worth losing him for nothing if he helps them avoid relegation. They're gonna struggle to attract a decent manager with the collection of shit they bought in the Summer to add to the shit that was already there.

Back
Top Bottom