Roy Keane.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has the ranting idiot gone to bed.... can we continue our mature conversation now?

His comments remind me of this quote from In Bruge: "Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."

Last edited:
I've always liked Keane despite the occasions when he was either a melon or worse. I still believe Ireland would have made the semi-finals of the 2002 WC had he remained with the squad, and that has always hurt.

But I don't think there has been a better midfield player that I have seen. He was a genuine force on the pitch, put the shitters up Vieira, was immense against Juve and Holland to name two stand out matches, and hated Woolwich.

I do wish he would put a plug in it though - I wish they all would, to be honest.

I agree with danny boy, Keane was a fantastic player, but my god he is a major league prick off it....and so I would not even touch his books as I have no interest in what he has to say, look at him on ITV, he looks like someone has just made him eat a shit sandwich from Chiles.........

I like him. great player. cunt on and off the field. needed to wind it in when his powers as a footballer were diminshing and show some humility - but players like him cant do that. then when they are managers they cant deal with players who are average or a bit shit. I also think he traversed the footballing gerneration, pre premier league and div1 - where money/respect was properly earned. Imagine wee irritating cunts like Lee Sharpe with all that coin and a slapable, insolent face

There's moments between the psychosis were he makes a lot of sense and has a clear message that successfully navigates between the constant bullshit that is the media around football.

Moments being the word. The rest of the time, you worry that you're going to get stabbed.

I think he would be a great wartime manager, fighting relegations or other short term emergencies. But I can’t ever see him being someone who leads, inspires and engages a whole squad and staff over a prolonged period of time.

I think he would be a great wartime manager, fighting relegations or other short term emergencies. But I can’t ever see him being someone who leads, inspires and engages a whole squad and staff over a prolonged period of time.

Yeah, he'd never accept that some of your squad just need to be pretty average players that aren't losing their shit if they aren't first choice.

By all accounts he is or was a spurs supporter. There is definitely a manager in there. You don’t Play for clough and Fergie, and work with O’Neil without knowing a few things.
Its just his man management that’s the problem . If he had someone in his team who he knows would beat fuck out of him if he over stepped the mark , ( for example Sandro with us ) he could be ok.

Back
Top Bottom