Rumours of 3 Premier League players battling pill addiction.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ShutUpPatrik

Supporter
Not sure if toxic positivity, or positively toxic?

The article cites the Sun and Tony Adams anti-drug charity Sporting Chance. But obviously this should be taken with a bit of salt.

These are the descriptions of the players:

Player one is one of the most talented players of his generation and his problem is widely known across dressing rooms. He has consumed the pills alongside vodka and champagne at parties and his habit is negatively impacting his performance in training.

Meanwhile, player two has years of experience playing for England. He was initially prescribed Zolpidem by his club and is now addicted to mixing the pill with alcohol. His partner begged him to seek help after she found him knocked out cold on the sofa.

The final player was tipped to be a regular for the England national team but there are concerns he'll never fulfil his potential amid a notable dip in form. Some individuals have drawn a correlation between his consumption of sleeping pills and the standard of his performances.

Not entirely related but I remember a story of Merson and Gazza is used to put a pile of cash on the table then start drinking wine. Every hour they'd pop a sleeping tablet, last one awake takes the cash.

With the amount of stress and down time pros have it's not surprising they become addicted to various things.

I think the player with years of experience is Kyle Walker. I saw a story a few weeks ago about a footballer who mixes pills with alcohol at some of his 'illegal' parties - and I remember Walker throwing a few of those during lockdown.

I think the player with years of experience is Kyle Walker. I saw a story a few weeks ago about a footballer who mixes pills with alcohol at some of his 'illegal' parties - and I remember Walker throwing a few of those during lockdown.
Walker is a good shout. 1 could be Grealish. We know that he has his problems with drinking already so there is already a bit of a profile about him. The now locked reddit thread also suggested Greenwood.

...or could it be Lamela? You've seen that crazy, haunted look in his eyes.

YsZUayz.jpg

Only joking, Erik.

Walker is a good shout. 1 could be Grealish. We know that he has his problems with drinking already so there is already a bit of a profile about him. The now locked reddit thread also suggested Greenwood.

I don't think Grealish is considered one of the most talented players of his generation nor have I heard rumours of him being poor in training - I thought Dele was perhaps player number 1 due to how quick he burst on the scene and the rumours of his training over the last year.

But number 3 seems more like Dele.

I initially thought number 1 was perhaps Phil Foden - but again, I've never heard of any issues with his training.

I don't think Grealish is considered one of the most talented players of his generation nor have I heard rumours of him being poor in training - I thought Dele was perhaps player number 1 due to how quick he burst on the scene and the rumours of his training over the last year.

But number 3 seems more like Dele.

I initially thought number 1 was perhaps Phil Foden - but again, I've never heard of any issues with his training.
Kane can be ruled out. No one complains about his training and he is more or less tee total during the season either way.

Maybe Trent?

Good shout.

...or could it be Lamela? You've seen that crazy, haunted look in his eyes.

YsZUayz.jpg

Only joking, Erik.
Going back many years but when Lamela disappeared for several months at one point it correlated with mystery players having drug bans / rehab.

When descriptions like this is are leaked it's obviously going to lead to forums and social media speculating. We're all as bad as each other for viewing and contributing (myself included)

Going back many years but when Lamela disappeared for several months at one point it correlated with mystery players having drug bans / rehab.

When descriptions like this is are leaked it's obviously going to lead to forums and social media speculating. We're all as bad as each other for viewing and contributing (myself included)
It wasn’t drugs , he was having a sex change! :levyeyes:

The descriptions are purposely vague and could be any of 50 players. I asked my mate at the Telegraph and he thinks they have just made up the '3' stars and the vague descriptions to grab clicks and headlines.

Remember, most of these players are kids who have worked an aggressive schedule since a very young age and missed out on a lot of things their mates get to do. Often it is their family who are enjoying the money they are earning; not them. Pain killer addiction is a problem in a lot of clubs and I do know that Chelsea had a serious problem with this a few seasons back.

The descriptions are purposely vague and could be any of 50 players. I asked my mate at the Telegraph and he thinks they have just made up the '3' stars and the vague descriptions to grab clicks and headlines.

Most likely for me. Now that City will run away with the league the fair weather dipper clicks will dry up. Without crowds, it's still kind of shit to the average punter.

Back
Top Bottom