Rumours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe but he is treated with disrespect by Pochettino in my opinion.

I agree with some of what you say but you also forget United away last season so memory fade and being selective are not the dominion of the few over the many.
To score a hat trick in a semi final to carry the entire team into the final and then get dropped for Kane who had been out for a while and was clearly not match fit/sharp has got to be hard to take by anyone.

I'd be livid.

Of all the things Eriksen is and isn't, he is a professional.

He's not the type to not show up to work. He isn't Gareth Bale.

There is absolutely no doubt that Lucas feels a certain way though. The way he has been treated is nowt short of a disgrace.

Yes i heard that.....it's a shame Whoopie Goldberg never married Peter Cushing before he died, she didn't want to be known as Whoopie Cushing though...
My personal favourite is if Isla St Clair married Barry White, she'd be Isla White, and if she divorced and then married Bryan Ferry, she'd be Isla White Ferry :)

Of all the things Eriksen is and isn't, he is a professional.

He's not the type to not show up to work. He isn't Gareth Bale.

There is absolutely no doubt that Lucas feels a certain way though. The way he has been treated is nowt short of a disgrace.
Apart from the ajax game show me a stand out performance that makes anyone say that hes a regular starter.
He just isn't- he needs to earn the right to be a regular
Why do you think he was languishing in PSG's reserves?

But hey, it's another thing to beat Poch with....

Blimey O'Reilly..........and they say us girlies like to gossip?

Is the one about Poch's marriage being over true.......... don't let Stevie know but I wouldn't mind being the other Mrs P, I'd soon get him back on track !!!
:pocheyes: :pochfacepalm: :pochbye:

There’s no need to think about silly rumours or scandals, we have reached the end of the road with this manager and his idea of football, while some players have had enough of playing for Tottenham, that’s all. There are always daft rumours when any top team is struggling.

The players have had 5 years of brutal training on relatively low salaries and have no medals to show for it. The manager was talking about leaving before we even played the CL final. What I see on the pitch is exactly what I would expect when the manager and several players are just waiting for the phone to ring with an offer from their next club.

Poch is just going through the motions, you can see it in his eyes. The manager who famously said he “wanted to kill all my players and then myself“ and that “it will be difficult to look my wife and boys in the eye” after we lost 5-1 to Newcastle a few years ago is not in charge anymore. When when we lost 7-2 at home to Bayern it was not a big deal to him. A team always reflects the attitude of the manager, nothing else needs to be said.

My personal favourite is if Isla St Clair married Barry White, she'd be Isla White, and if she divorced and then married Bryan Ferry, she'd be Isla White Ferry :)
Of course Jerry Hall could well have actually married Bryan Ferry and been Jerry Ferry as they were together for a while.
But did you all hear that Chris Rea is joining Dire Straits? Yes they will be called Dire Rea from now on......and thats no shit. 😉

Don't normally do the rumour/ITK bollocks thing and i'm still fully behind Poch being given a chance to rebuild the team. In my opinion he's earned it and i can't get my head around our own fans turning on him the first time things have gone wrong.

I do agree he has made mistakes and isn't perfect, but we should all be careful what we wish for.....

Anyway take with a pinch of salt, i'm working with a guy (blah blah) who's friends with Kyle Walker and Danny Rose's agent. His kids and the agents kids go to the same school and they play golf together.

Couple of things he said:

Kyle Walker - didn't want to leave the club, but City came to him and offered him big money and obvs chance to win trophies. Told no chance of the club matching what City were offering so he went. Still loves the club.

Danny Rose - Never spoke to Watford, hasn't a clue where that rumour came from, but knows he has to leave

Understands the club are tied with the yearly 7% salary increase cap ??? So this isn't Levy's fault per se, but a lot of players unhappy still on £60k - £70k. Seeing a few players (inc Sissoko) getting big contracts has caused a lot of disharmony in the squad.

Said all clubs are struggling to get rid of players not just us, everyone wants the latest up and coming xxxxx

Take it as bollocks or whatever i don't care, but adds a little to the pieces on unrest in the squad.

Apparently she has secretly married William Shatner but wishes to keep her own surname. So from now on she'll be known as Stevie Shatner-Nicks 😎 (It's funnier when you actually say it....perhaps)
Yes i heard that.....it's a shame Whoopie Goldberg never married Peter Cushing before he died, she didn't want to be known as Whoopie Cushing though...

There is definitely something afoot - you don't go from an excellent team that's qualified in the top 4 and reached a Champions league final to the dross team we saw yesterday without something going on behind the scenes.

To be honest it may just be a case of 5 years of hard work by the team and Poch have yielded no silverware or titles.

You will only buy into someone's methods for so long before you start to question whether the hard work you're putting in is in vain.

As much as everyone sees Poch as a happy go lucky bloke, he's probably a bit of a Twat if you fall out with him.

There's no way the players are giving him that extra 10 percent that they used to.

1 in 44 appearances?
don't get me wrong, I like him as a footballer, but he's not so damned good that he should be a nailed on starter

I don’t think anyone really sees him as a starter (the CL final question was about whether HK was fit).

I do think people think he should get longer as a sub though. The 85th minute appearances are just pointless.

Back
Top Bottom