Rumours

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This article sheds more light - Revealed - The crazy cash sums being paid out to Premier League managers when they are sacked - Independent.ie

Basically it depends what clauses were inserted when the contract was negotiated, as Poch was in demand I doubt he agreed to anything too restrictive if and when he was sacked. If you want to go outside of the agreement it then goes to tribunal
In the case of Koeman it is as I said that he gets paid as before but as Koeman got a job with less money then Everton had to make up the difference. Now it depends on what job you think Poch will get but his standing is high enough to believe he will get a good one and Tottenham will not pay the full 32m.

In the case of Koeman it is as I said that he gets paid as before but as Koeman got a job with less money then Everton had to make up the difference. Now it depends on what job you think Poch will get but his standing is high enough to believe he will get a good one and Tottenham will not pay the full 32m.
In the case of Koeman it states that this agreement was in his contract, that's not standard but the exception. In the UK when you are sacked from the Managers job you are not still employed by the club, that goes against our employment law, the level of compensation is then agreed by the club and manager. The compensation etc depends on the terms in the contract and if there are disputes the it goes to tribunal. There may have been terms in the contract that mean less compensation if he gets a new job but as he was in a strong position I doubt there will be many clauses that are negative for him.

In Italy you are always still employed by the club if sacked, they continue to pay you until you take other employment or the club pay you off (they rarely do this). Its why you often see a manager go back to his old role after the new one doesn't work out as he is still employed by the club.

Last edited:
Also, how the fuck can he tell anyone off about the press when he himself was talking about fucking off after the CL final, and continuously flirting with RM?
This is my biggest gripe about Poch -theres no coming back from that shit imho, thats the day he screwed the pooch and the sentimentality and loyalty I had to him was gone. If a fan can feel like that imagine what the players think of it-players hes been building up mentally and physically for years then starts having a go at the whole group talking about transitions and rebuilds-any fucking wonder they aint perfroming for him really?

One of the tricky situations we have is that we don't have a second striker. We don't have a situation like City where they can genuinely rotate and use Jesus as an alternative.

As you suggest, Moura is used (sparingly), when we're chasing a game. For the entirety of Poch's tenure I've never known him to sub Harry, move Son inside and bring Moura on - to try something different. I love Harry more than any other player since Gazza, but the lad genuinely looks like he needs a rest.

If Moura is only ever going to be used to 'chase' a game, we're better off selling him and buying someone who we are actually prepared to rely upon for longer that 20 minutes.
Harry had a rest for nearly 6 months last season.

tumblr_or3yqyrush1r1ult6o1_400.gif.cf.gif

Apart from the ajax game show me a stand out performance that makes anyone say that hes a regular starter.
He just isn't- he needs to earn the right to be a regular
Why do you think he was languishing in PSG's reserves?

But hey, it's another thing to beat Poch with....

Compile me highlight video of Kane this season that makes him look better than a Championship player and I'll be impressed.

Back
Top Bottom