Ryan Giggs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read it and only then realized that national teams will be playing 3 matches in a row once again.

Bizarre.
It's due to Euro qualifications still going on for the countries stuck in the play off spots.

Had it not been for COVID those games would have been played in May when the other countries were off prepping for the Euros.

It's due to Euro qualifications still going on for the countries stuck in the play off spots.

Had it not been for COVID those games would have been played in May when the other countries were off prepping for the Euros.
Ok, but they did play at least one friendly (friendly-friendly, not Nations League friendlies) last International Break - against England.

Ok, but they did play at least one friendly (friendly-friendly, not Nations League friendlies) last International Break - against England.
Yes. Wales and England already have if they are taking part in the Euros or not sorted. So they played a friendly. All countries who aren't involved in the play offs played a friendly whilst the play off countries kept on in the play offs.

Yes. Wales and England already have if they are taking part in the Euros or not sorted. So they played a friendly. All countries who aren't involved in the play offs played a friendly whilst the play off countries kept on in the play offs.
They didn´t need to play 3 games in two consecutive breaks. They played England before, and they will play USA (???) next week.

They didn´t need to play 3 games in two consecutive breaks. They played England before, and they will play USA (???) next week.
Because they have to. UEFA have decided that all countries will play an additional game as long as the play offs are going on.

Because they have to. UEFA have decided that all countries will play an additional game as long as the play offs are going on.
The fact that they have to play friendlies, making it 3 games in one week (for two times in a row) it´s what I called "bizarre". I was not attacking Football Association of Wales.

The fact that they have to play friendlies, making it 3 games in one week (for two times in a row) it´s what I called "bizarre". I was not attacking Football Association of Wales.
I gotcha and I understand your point. And it is one I share. It is just stupid to add more fixtures to an already congested season. But them's the rules and UEFA don't look interested in changing them.

Back
Top Bottom