Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies to mason i thought he had it wrong, maybe being in the changing room he saw a problem with some players not in the squad today

I think he still got it wrong.

Sanchez was a nightmare, Winks was awful and we didn't look great until Bale came on late.

I don’t understand wanting Mason to stay on. Being a former player is not a reason to be our manager. Poch played for PSG, Jol played for West Brom, Redknapp played for West Ham and Seattle Sounders but it didn’t stop them from being good managers for us. It was good to see Mason leave on a win and it was nice to get rid of Jose but some of his team selections were baffling. He is too late to make changes to the game (Villa game especially), he has no experience. Maybe he becomes a good manager in the future but Spurs is not the club for him to learn on the job. Arteta and Ole get mocked constantly yet some want Mason to take charge for a serious rebuild?
I want him to go back to the job he was doing with the academy!!! Why the fuck would you not want him to do that?

I think he still got it wrong.

Sanchez was a nightmare, Winks was awful and we didn't look great until Bale came on late.
Winks was awful, he's been a lot worst than todays display
Sanchez is just a poor player, maybe if we had a real coaching team that showed defenders how to defend he would improve ?

Sanchez is just a poor player, maybe if we had a real coaching team that showed defenders how to defend he would improve ?

I don't think it is coaching with Sanchez at this point, I think he is just a guy that panics when put under pressure.

We had Jose fucking Mourinho and he still couldn't defend to save his life most of the games. I still think there is a player in there and pairing him with Dier made him 10x worse, but I'm not sure I'd agree with giving him another season to prove himself. Better off selling him.

We had Jose fucking Mourinho and he still couldn't defend to save his life most of the games. I still think there is a player in there and pairing him with Dier made him 10x worse, but I'm not sure I'd agree with giving him another season to prove himself. Better off selling him.
dont know about him being with dier made him worse. they are just a pair of clowns. even toby got in on the clown act today, we need to clear the lot out for next year as they are now all incompetent.

you can't coach not to panic under pressure
i was suggesting coaching how to defend, you can also teach how to pass the ball, Sanchez moves forward with the ball stops then passes the ball but his legs feet in wrong position

I appreciate this may have been covered earlier in the thread but whilst it would have been difficult for Mason to turn down the opportunity of being interim head coach, Powell had far more experience at coaching/managing at that level, even if it wasn't top flight. Levy shouldn't have used the position for propaganda purposes, imo.

Mason played his mates over far more talented players regardless of form or common sense.

Blatant cronyism.

If Levy was picking the team to raise sticker prices that is no different.
Do you actually pay any attention to what is said in press conf? Players are injured and unfit, so will not get selected. Other players have been completely frozen out by the dinosaur and it has been imperative that they are reiterated into the team.

I appreciate this may have been covered earlier in the thread but whilst it would have been difficult for Mason to turn down the opportunity of being interim head coach, Powell had far more experience at coaching/managing at that level, even if it wasn't top flight. Levy shouldn't have used the position for propaganda purposes, imo.
He's sat there right next to him mate, it's a team. He'll have as much input into decisions as he would have if he was made interim manager. The entire group is interim, including King.

Maybe Mason had the minerals?

Cheers for stepping up Ryan. In hindsight, it was probably too much too soon, but there were some positives too. Hope he stays for a while in Academy before he earns more experience in the lower leagues.

He has a level head. I'm hoping he has learnt from the experience. No shame in stepping back into the Academy. I hope he sticks around and is integrated into the first team coaching staff, if and when is the right time. We needed one of us to steer the ship for a few weeks. He did that and didn't rock it in the process.

you can't coach not to panic under pressure
i was suggesting coaching how to defend, you can also teach how to pass the ball, Sanchez moves forward with the ball stops then passes the ball but his legs feet in wrong position
When you are pay a club record fee for a player who is a defender and you need to coach him how to defend and pass the ball it turns into a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom