Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just realized he kind of looks like one of the goth kids on South Park
MV5BMTQ3MjY1MDUzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM5MTg0MDE@._V1_UY268_CR147,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:

There are people in this forum that HATE Mason, who call him names, who actually seriously believe that he "plays his mates" over and above for what he sees for the good of Tottenham Hotspur. You know who you are, we know who you are.

This is precisely why we need to keep hold of him...
If CONTE rates him, that's good enough for me...
And if circumstances brought them together, then so be it... SOMETHING good might finally have come out of that horrific brain injury... Let's not forget the journey Ryan has been through to get here...

One of our own.

SinghYid

Just Do It
Mason's own thread. Done. That goal deserved him one.

WateryShockingEsok.gif

Brilliant goal, and great celebration ... full of passion!

He was a great substitute today. Literally was a game-changer for us.
The goal aside, he still made notable impact: tidy, decisive passing, and forward thinking.

Even during the preseason, he was one of the players that really impressed me.
Hopefully we see much more of him (including in the PL ... He IS eligible).

Ryan Mason might actually turn out to be the player that we all wanted Carroll to be.

Ryan Mason speaks well, is humble and understand what we fans need. He is 29 years old, it will be his first taste of management. If he does well, I can see him coming back to Spurs in some years after he has got more experience.

I wish him very well. I'm so happy the whole Jose (and ESL) circus is over and I'm looking forward to the game tonight, the best I have felt in a looong time regarding Spurs this morning.

The fact he is still playing his mates makes it difficult to get behind him, Wanks had no business getting any minute in this team

And what's his problem with Ndombele?

Last edited:

There are people in this forum that HATE Mason, who call him names, who actually seriously believe that he "plays his mates" over and above for what he sees for the good of Tottenham Hotspur. You know who you are, we know who you are.

Nah fuck it.

No more of this fake big club stuff.

Dortmund style. Academy kids, young players from all over the world, Mason has something about him. Might take him a season but he’s fucking got something about him.

This is exactly how you end up with an Ole in charge. When the fans get to the breaking point and mere nostalgia becomes incredibly attractive to them & defeats all kinds of logic. The recent record of clubs appointing ex-players is incredibly poor, bar Arteta who still has numerous crap seasons stacked against him. We would have sacked him years ago.

Go after a Nagelsmann or another manager who wants to play high intensity, front-foot football, find the DoF to match and make sensible signings. Relying on nostalgia/a highly emotion led appointment like Mason is NOT the answer to any reasonable question. Do not ruin Mason's career before its even begun with a job he will absolutely not be able to handle, the task faced will be too much for even the most experienced coaches ffs.

His starting lineup was better than we've mostly had all season. No Dier, No Perisic, No Kulusevski thats a good start. But it was also obvious that we needed a 3rd man in midfield today. If he sees that and makes the right changes the next game, then maybe he might be worth persevering with.

If he reverts to the 'mates' and doesnt make the tactical changes needed, then he's got to go.

The whole 'Mason's mates' thing was nonsensical made up bollocks from people with no brains. End of.

P.S You can disagree all you like, but you'd be wrong.

And that my friends, is what we fucking need around this club. Playing for Spurs. Not just a club. Your club. Presumably most people on here have kicked a ball or two in their lives. For us to do that in the Lilywhite shirt is something we'll never get, but if we did you could bet your bottom dollar we would relish every second of it, and put in 100% every time.

This lad has waited so long, hes taken his chance and shown he wants to wear that famous shirt, our shirt... His shirt. I only hope for more of the same, to get the identity of the club back in my eyes.

:gazza2:

Now in the upper echelons of my favourite players at Spurs with Hugo, Walker and Eriksen.

Noticeably gaining more and more confidence by the game and becoming more ambitious in the pass. Quality player. Dare I say, England international in the making.

Fuck Jack Wilshere. the cunt.

Back
Top Bottom