Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really liked how he played in his first PL games, but still I'm somehow sceptical about his long term future in the team. The fact that he seemed to be deadwood until turning 23 induces the feeling that his current performances might just be a short-term emergence, mostly because he fills the gap of a playmaker type of player in the midfield-two in our squad.
Of course I hope I'm wrong here, but I'm not a fan of being too enthusiastic about a new player after just three games. Look at Townsend for instance...

Really liked how he played in his first PL games, but still I'm somehow sceptical about his long term future in the team. The fact that he seemed to be deadwood until turning 23 induces the feeling that his current performances might just be a short-term emergence, mostly because he fills the gap of a playmaker type of player in the midfield-two in our squad.
Of course I hope I'm wrong here, but I'm not a fan of being too enthusiastic about a new player after just three games. Look at Townsend for instance...

I AM SO EXCITED

I have one concern about Mason - he lets people go past him like he's not there.
Eriksen is guilty of the same thing and Chadli doesn't exactly stick his foot in. Lennon and Townsend when they play, Paulinho too.
This means teams don't have to work particularly hard at getting into goalscoring positions against us.

I have one concern about Mason - he lets people go past him like he's not there.
Eriksen is guilty of the same thing and Chadli doesn't exactly stick his foot in. Lennon and Townsend when they play, Paulinho too.
This means teams don't have to work particularly hard at getting into goalscoring positions against us.

I believe that Gibbs refers to that as "tiny dancers" - that said I disagree about Mason ans Chadli but i agree with the others named.

I believe that Gibbs refers to that as "tiny dancers" - that said I disagree about Mason ans Chadli but i agree with the others named.

Yeah Mason is not a tiny dancer by any stretch. I admit I wasn't sure why we were keeping him for so long and figured he'd be sold in the off season. As soon as I saw him play in preseason, it was obvious he's class.

Last edited:
I meant off season. Please Lloris, forgive me.
it was more that you knew he was class from pre-season. He did ok, the team/performance was pretty average, and we were playing pretty shit teams.
He's always had potential but I thought he'd missed the boat, especially with all the injuries.

it was more that you knew he was class from pre-season.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/Étienne-capoue.6431/page-37#post-614461
Gibbs131 August
"I was really impressed with Mason in preseason. He seemed to have a bit of everything. He also had that unflappable thing going on. He reminded me of Carrick because he was played deep but he's supposed to be an am. Whatever his best positon, he looks well rounded."

I also had positive comments in July about him, and touched on the other players that made us struggle.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/Étienne-capoue.6431/page-37#post-614461
Gibbs131 August
"I was really impressed with Mason in preseason. He seemed to have a bit of everything. He also had that unflappable thing going on. He reminded me of Carrick because he was played deep but he's supposed to be an am. Whatever his best positon, he looks well rounded."

I also had positive comments in July about him, and touched on the other players that made us struggle.

"Narcissism
is the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes, that derive from arrogant pride. The term originated from the Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

Ryan has been amongst our best each time he has played.

What leaves a sour taste is the cost of the players he is keeping out of the side. Someone should be really ashamed of themselves, letting a very unexperienced young-to-midage, injury-prone player both out-work and out-perform them quite significantly.

So for now I am hoping this is his true level and not just a patch. Because from what I can see he deserves his starts a whole lot more than most our midfielders.

"Narcissism
is the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own attributes, that derive from arrogant pride. The term originated from the Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

Congrats! You've never even mentioned Mason, let alone posted in his thread. You are morphing into Arcspace.

Now go ahead...Do what he does: Claim I'm ruining threads like he did in the Holtby thread...

champion_zps24fd6533.jpg

Have anything of value to say about Mason? For once? You are a drama tourist.

Congrats! You've never even mentioned Mason, let alone posted in his thread. You are morphing into Arcspace.
Nope, I'm still me, don't worry. As far as I can tell, your post was just another one of your single-person circle jerks, in a lame attempt to gain some sense of credibility.

Now go ahead...Do what he does: Claim I'm ruining threads like he did in the Holtby thread...
Interesting combination, persecution complex and narcissism.

Have anything of value to say about Mason? For once? You are a drama tourist.
Oh, I have/had plenty of things of value to say. In regards to Mason, I've seen him play a few times and looks good, but so have a lot of players after a couple of games. I usually like to watch a player for more than a couple of games before I start making blanket statements about their potential.

Oh, I have/had plenty of things of value to say. In regards to Mason, I've seen him play a few times and looks good, but so have a lot of players after a couple of games. I usually like to watch a player for more than a couple of games before I start making blanket statements about their potential.

Your first post in his thread is your cross thread butthurt wankery.
:kaboul::soldadowatch:

Back
Top Bottom