Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same players got Poch sacked - rotten, fat snakes with can't kick a ball straight - should be kicked out asap
I do worry that some of the players will not respect him. but at the same time he is Kane's legit best friend. He'll have Kane in his corner so I expect them to get in line. Especially since it is only 7 games left in the season.

I do worry that some of the players will not respect him. but at the same time he is Kane's legit best friend. He'll have Kane in his corner so I expect them to get in line. Especially since it is only 7 games left in the season.
He'll basically go to Kane and ask him for help to pick he team

So hopefully the end of Sissoko, Winks, Dier, Sanchez, Lamela and Doherty

Same we can't sing this tomorrow night...

Ryan,
Ryan,
Ryan Ryan Mason.
Only half a brain, and that's a shame,
Ryan Ryan Mason.

Yes, would have been a heartwarming classic, that one.

scared forrest gump GIF

No disrespect to Ryan Mason but surely we would have been better off asking somebody like a Harry Redknapp to take the team until the end of the season?

I mean technically we are still playing for 4th and a cup final. Not that I think we are capable of either.

This appointment of somebody with zero managerial experience just strikes me as giving up entirely on the season.

Obviously much bigger issues at the minute with the ESL

No disrespect to Ryan Mason but surely we would have been better off asking somebody like a Harry Redknapp to take the team until the end of the season?

I mean technically we are still playing for 4th and a cup final. Not that I think we are capable of either.

This appointment of somebody with zero managerial experience just strikes me as giving up entirely on the season.

Redknapp is an old man who hasn't been on a training pitch for years. He doesn't know any of our players. Let him stay on his sofa where he belongs.

Mason and Powell were already coaching at the club when Mourinho was sacked. They are better suited to move up to the first team.

Redknapp is an old man who hasn't been on a training pitch for years. He doesn't know any of our players. Let him stay on his sofa where he belongs.

Mason and Powell were already coaching at the club when Mourinho was sacked. They are better suited to move up to the first team.
Ryan Mason has zero managerial experience, Harry Redknapp might be an old man but he can set up and pick a team for 8-9 games and I'd trust him to have the wherewithal to do that a lot more than Ryan.

Redknapp has not worked in football in over 7 years. He is long retired and also not in the best of health.

Ryan has fresh badges so his coaching knowledge is up to recent standards and he has been working in the club since his retirement. He also has Chris Powell in his staff who will probably do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Redknapp is also busy kicking people out of homeless shelters so he can turn them into luxury condos. So there's that.

Redknapp has not worked in football in over 7 years. He is long retired and also not in the best of health.

Ryan has fresh badges so his coaching knowledge is up to recent standards and he has been working in the club since his retirement. He also has Chris Powell in his staff who will probably do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Redknapp is also busy kicking people out of homeless shelters so he can turn them into luxury condos. So there's that.
So you'd rather trust a young man with zero managerial experience over a guy with 20+ years of experience. Because he has a few coaching badges....

My brother has a few coaching badges, they aren't that hard to obtain, shall I give him a call?

So you'd rather trust a young man with zero managerial experience over a guy with 20+ years of experience. Because he has a few coaching badges....

My brother has a few coaching badges, they aren't that hard to obtain, shall I give him a call?
Yes. I have way more faith in Ryan "up to date on football and modern managing" Mason than Harry R "7 years retired" Redknapp.

Redknapp should not be anywhere near returning to the Tottenham bench.

Look forward, not backwards.

I would rather trust two coaches who are already at the club than a doddery old man who has been out of the game for almost a decade.

Yes - Levy has fucked us proper and we are as close as rudderless atm - but perhaps Ryan knows this group of players more than anyone

We are talking about a temporary appointment for the last 7 games not the future of the club.
And I'd rather have Ryan working those 7 games than Redknapp.

I don't get this fetish some people have with bringing Redknapp back.

He showed during his tenure that he had no problem throwing the club under the bus to try and get the England job. That combined with his tax crimes and shady business dealings paints the picture of a man I would not want at the helm. Even if interim.

And I'd rather have Ryan working those 7 games than Redknapp.

I don't get this fetish some people have with bringing Redknapp back.

He showed during his tenure that he had no problem throwing the club under the bus to try and get the England job. That combined with his tax crimes and shady business dealings paints the picture of a man I would not want at the helm. Even if interim.
If you actually stop and read my post I don't have a "fetish" with bringing Redknapp back. My actual words were "somebody like a Harry Redknapp"

I.e Somebody experienced in the game who can fill in for 7 games, rather than somebody with zero experience who happens to have a coaching badge and has the occasional pint with the boys.

Don't get me wrong got nothing against Mason, hope he does a good job. And its kind of nice for the lad given his career being cut short to give him a chance to lead the team to silverware. The cynical in me says this is a ploy from Levy to win some hearts and minds points given the ESL scandal, but regardless its a nice gesture.

However, its probably not a good appointment for the club given top 4 still isn't out of reach and we have a cup final on Sunday.

I'd like somebody who has actually managed in the dugout.

If you actually stop and read my post I don't have a "fetish" with bringing Redknapp back. My actual words were "somebody like a Harry Redknapp"

I.e Somebody experienced in the game who can fill in for 7 games, rather than somebody with zero experience who happens to have a coaching badge and has the occasional pint with the boys.

Don't get me wrong got nothing against Mason, hope he does a good job. And its kind of nice for the lad given his career being cut short to give him a chance to lead the team to silverware. The cynical in me says this is a ploy from Levy to win some hearts and minds points given the ESL scandal, but regardless its a nice gesture.

However, its probably not a good appointment for the club given top 4 still isn't out of reach and we have a cup final on Sunday.

It wasn't directly directed at you. I apologize if that was what it came out as. But when the Jose out talk seriously started a lot of people seemed dead set on having Redknapp back. Which to me doesn't make sense.

The game has passed him by even more than it has Jose.

Chris Powell is right there next to him, an experienced coach who is also coming from within the club. Just let them get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom