Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw mason play v Woolwich at the lane in 09 I think a cup QF final. Mason played well, but I was really looking at Townsend who set up the first goal if I remember right. Mason and Obika had good games and Caulker impressed at CB.
Although I was watching Townsend as we had what I thought was a good future left winger, Mason impressed.
Looked better than Wilshere imo.
That was the only time I saw him play. Followed his loan spells at Yeovil, where he scored two good goals in his first 3 games, Millwall, the Doncaster injury hit spell and the French debacle and Swindon.
Honestly, tuning just after KO in the early hours of our pre season tour of the US, I was amazed at the composure of this player and thought, 'who the f-uck is that'...then realised it was Mason.
He really impressed me. He looked as though he'd been playing with those players forever.
What I like about him is that he always makes himself available, looks over both shoulders when receiving the ball back to opposition, has a good range of passing and a decent engine which enables him to cover a lot of ground. He doesn't do anything to spectacular, but has a good footballing brain.
There was always the doubt he could do it at the highest level, but that's been put to rest. I hope he can now be consistent and improve with game time/experience.
I don't think we should expect miracles from him, but we will get effort and passion. I also think he is far too level headed to believe the hype and is not going to run out and get a Daniel Johnson haircut.

If anyone deserves a chance it's him. Let's hope MP can get the best out of him and he becomes a valued player.

Worked hard, picked a fight with the biggest strongest guy Villa had, and got him sent off. No surprise that the player to light the spark was a homegrown who plays with passion. Fighter.

Worked hard, picked a fight with the biggest strongest guy Villa had, and got him sent off. No surprise that the player to light the spark was a homegrown who plays with passion. Fighter.
It's because of how hard he had to fight to get here. Most players are written off by his age if they haven't broken through already. He's had to work really hard to make this chance for himself, and that's carried over into how he plays. If he can bend the rest of the team to that will, he can be the spark we need.

My love for this guy grows every game.
Sobbing-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom