Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, but a deflection that fell to Bale's left foot and a somewhat fortunate penalty means we're great now?

Where was the free flowing, shackles off football? First half was worse than most of the displays under the last manager.

We beat a team 2nd bottom in the form table and it's all ding dong the witch is dead? Some of you are actively deluding yourselves.
We probably are, but so were you for the previous 17 months

Sorry, but a deflection that fell to Bale's left foot and a somewhat fortunate penalty means we're great now?

Where was the free flowing, shackles off football? First half was worse than most of the displays under the last manager.

We beat a team 2nd bottom in the form table and it's all ding dong the witch is dead? Some of you are actively deluding yourselves.
I am sorry but it was a start to get over the effect of the poisonous one. Mason had two days to train to instill some attacking intent then there is the fact that Mourinho did not believe in separate fitness training so our squads conditioning is awful.

If he wins every game for us, he's better than alot of names that have been linked to us
I can see it'll be easy for Levy to go along with that thinking (mainly because Ryan will be cheap as chips, but also as he'd have won a pot and quite possibly qualified for the champion's league!), but really I'd say it's a huge risk and a huge amount of responsibility to put on someone who isn't even 30 yet. I really think it's making it too difficult for him to succeed long term to let him loose with so little experience.

Crying Baby GIF by memecandy
Will this be you on Sunday when we go with a back three?

I can see it'll be easy for Levy to go along with that thinking (mainly because Ryan will be cheap as chips, but also as he'd have won a pot and quite possibly qualified for the champion's league!), but really I'd say it's a huge risk and a huge amount of responsibility to put on someone who isn't even 30 yet. I really think it's making it too difficult for him to succeed long term to let him loose with so little experience.
Nagelsmann was managing in the Bundesliga at 28

Would that be the 'United trap' that's got them to 2nd in the league and through to a semi final in Europe, or some other 'United trap'?
Yeah I knew that'd be the comeback and I do see it, but do we really think he's been awesome? Or is anyone just better than the dinoshit we've just taken 18 months to scrape off our shoe? To me it's more a reflection of how far he fell.

They're a long way 2nd best of a really bad bunch bar city so it isn't that impressive to me with all their resources. We've just suffered our worst managerial appointment in a couple of decades, with everyone on suicide watch about how bad it's been and we're not even that far behind them. He's hardly the second coming of Fergie is he?

For a top team or getting his experience?
Hoffenheim were having a bad season when he took over (he was their U23 coach that got promoted when the old manager was sacked). But they are a money club and traditionally fighting for Europe. Bit of Leipzig before Leipzig.

If he wins every game for us, he's better than alot of names that have been linked to us

Maybe but he's still not ready. He'll get a reaction out of the players for the remainder of this season, largely due to the 'freedom from Jose' factor and his closeness to the players, but players will come and go, and that won't last permanently.

Ultimately to succeed as a manager, he will need to get some experience lower down the league(s). If that works out for him, I'd then have him back in a heartbeat

Hoffenheim were having a bad season when he took over (he was their U23 coach that got promoted when the old manager was sacked). But they are a money club and traditionally fighting for Europe. Bit of Leipzig before Leipzig.
Yeah, they'd been a mid table/bottom half team for a bit hadn't they after their initial meteoric money'd rise?

Anyway, I was being a little facetious knowing full well it was nothing like the ask it would be of Ryan.

I'd give him all the support if Levy went for it of course, I just feel it'd be a massive risk, and it would be very difficult for him to succeed. Maybe he'd be magic, but I feel hoffenheim is a much lower profile job with lower expectations in terms of success criteria and signings, which I think would work against Ryan too.

Anyway, what do I know, I didn't want to sign Poch or Mourinho even though I though JM would be better than he was, so I don't even have a great deal of faith in my own judgement here!! 😂

Back
Top Bottom