Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank goodness for that.

Head injuries can sometimes be so inconspicuous, but absolutely devestating.

This looked terrible, but pleased to hear he is not as bad as the shits at the Mirror suggested!

I feel sick hearing this news. Poor Ryan. Please pull through.

And as for those cunts singing 'one Gary Cahill' just die.
That is very harsh of you to say that, they were singing that when he got to his feet as he was down for a bit as well, initially it seemed like they both came off as bad as each other. Chelsea fans acted respectfully giving him applause as he came off and applauding the medical team.

Horrible stuff, hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery because he seems like a really great bloke regardless of football. Also a bit strange that it happened at Chelsea, of course he is a boyhood Chelsea fan apparently. Also feel for Cahill, he would be feeling shaken knowing that it was him that did it (obviously not his fault and not on purpose). Fair play to the ref too, stopped the game the second it happened.

Maybe he'll wear a superhero protective helmet when he's back playing, just like Petr Cech.

I'm worried that because he is an outfield player he might not be given the same leniency by the medical staff as Cech. Hope I'm wrong though and I hope he knows that he's got all the fans in the league behind him.

That is very harsh of you to say that, they were singing that when he got to his feet as he was down for a bit as well, initially it seemed like they both came off as bad as each other. Chelsea fans acted respectfully giving him applause as he came off and applauding the medical team.

Horrible stuff, hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery because he seems like a really great bloke regardless of football. Also a bit strange that it happened at Chelsea, of course he is a boyhood Chelsea fan apparently. Also feel for Cahill, he would be feeling shaken knowing that it was him that did it (obviously not his fault and not on purpose). Fair play to the ref too, stopped the game the second it happened.
It's interpretation as much as anything. I can certainly understand how a perception is that the Chelsea environment and Cahill should escape criticism.

However, I have a different, more questioning, point of view. Firstly Cahill was reckless. He went flying into a ball he was unlikely to get. There was no regard for any Hull players. He's gone 7 maybe 8 foot steps back then ran accross that distance and jumped into someone. At best. He has been reckless. Swap the head for a foot tackle and the debate is how has he not been red carded as the tackle was out of control.

The Crowd reacts as many crows would, but the "one Gary Cahill" starts while BOTH players are down and intensifies as Cahill gets up, but it's certainly not only when he gets up.

While Mason is down the crown break out the "Diego" song and then something like "Antonio" which I guess is aimed at Conte. Then after about 7 minutes there is a splattering of applause and finally some decent reaction when Mason finally goes off. But is it the reaction that reflects a few thousand giving a shit or 30 thousand giving a shit ? Impossible to tell by the TV footage. They mute the crowd noise. I hope it was the latter.

Final point to consider. Cahill's celebration at the goal...muted due to what he was involved in..I'd suggest not, did not look especially shaken sliding about sticking his tounge out to the TV Cameras.

But please do keep in mind I am a huge critic of Chelsea and perhaps I am just being over critical.

Back
Top Bottom