Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was shocked when this was announced but he has won me over with those interviews

If he gets us playing attacking football he's got my vote. Also as with players if your good enough you old enough l, he should treat the 8 games left like an audition for the job or the very least the assistant job if we happen to get someone WC in the summer (not much hope for that)

Wow!

Ryan Mason was at his lowest ebb, stricken in a hospital bed after emergency surgery to repair a fractured skull, when he received a visit from his former Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino. Immediately, the lights went on. “Hey, gaffer, I was there,” Mason said. “In the right position.”

Mason was at Hull in January 2017 when the accident happened, a sickening clash of heads with Chelsea’s Gary Cahill after he had dropped into the space to make a defensive challenge – just as Pochettino had instructed him over and over again.

On this occasion, the Fates were against Mason. Right position, wrong time. His life had hung in the balance and the damage to his head was so extreme that he would be forced to retire as a player a little over a year later, at 26. Yet what struck Pochettino that day – and not for the first time – was the strength of Mason’s focus, the dedication to his craft. “You go to hospital to visit a guy and you don’t expect to speak about tactics,” Pochettino later told friends.

Our new manager!

Not expecting a single thing from him, odds are we'll lose tonight and many of the games left this season but sorry given the utter dross we've be dished up by the Chav King Dino I'm routing for Mason and our team as if Mason was my best mate, my brother, a Yiddo!!

Sky have already been questioning whether this is racist with two older black men behind him.

Does seem odd but I think it’s difficult to come to that conclusion without understanding behind the scenes
Hasn't Powell been Mason's number 2 for the under 23's? Were they calling that racist.

Ledley has only just started coaching.

Tosh.

The season was dead if we stuck with Mourinho

We'll likely see a similar outcome anyways but there's nothing to lose

Stranger things have happened in football

Expectations among the fans for a cup win, CL qualification or even Europa qualification was low and so if he gets any of that then he has done well and if not then just goes back to previous job.

Ryan will be picking the team. I believe he will want the best outcome for the club and hopefully the fact he cares will help motivate everyone. Mourinho just cared about enhancing his CV was never Spurs.
If he doesn’t talk to H to get his views before picking the team that would be amazing to be honest. Of course Ryan wants what is best but he got the job 2 days ago and he hasn’t been working with the first team.

Back
Top Bottom