Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely thought he was going to start along side Capoue after pre-season.

I thought he would have had more prem time for sure. I was bigging him up in preseason.

I was hoping we would jettison Lennon and Townsend for Bentaleb, Kane, Mason and Alex Prichard. I don't think Alex is pulling up any trees though.

cor what an overreaction here. great goal, great performance, but starting on saturday? jesus this is Woolwich away. no place to give a youth player who's never played in the prem (i think) a start

The next stage would be to give him the brighton game and maybe 60 mins in a home Europa game see how he does, I like him

Obviously this is hugely dependent on how the game is going at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made a substitute appearance today.

Last edited:
Obviously this is hugely dependent on how the game is going at the time, I wouldn't be surprised if he made a substitute appearance today.

That's more like it. Wouldn't start him, but feel he's a decent option from the bench. Just basing that on the fact he actually changed the game (for the better) the other night and sometimes I look at our bench and think it's difficult to see how we're gonna change things round. Definitely not someone I'd guarantee will get on the pitch, scum are a big step up from Forest obviously. But an option nonetheless.

Townsend said in the interview after the match he thought Mason was our best player in pre season and he picked up an injury just before the season kicked off so I'm assuming he's going to make more frequent appearances now. I do love a player who can spray a pass, completely lost that since Huddlestone left.

S.L.R S.L.R MKYid MKYid wow, he's starting

It's a big decision from Poch...but if the boy is good enough, then he's good enough.

I just wonder if a NLD is a good time to make a debut...

rosegoal.gif

Oh yeah! :D

Back
Top Bottom