Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't see the game, can anyone provide any context? What happened?
Only going off what I saw at the time so I might get proved wrong but as I recall, mason flew into a tackle, legs got tangled, Henry got up shaking mason off but giving him some kicks at the same time, mason lept up to give it some, poch waded in ala jol/Defoe and that was it.

Bentaleb gave Henry a bone cruncher a couple of minutes later. Go on lads.

I love his honesty and commitment. You can have all the skill in the world, but you will never make it in the professional game if you don't match it with determination and hard work. Its wonderful that we are starting to see the Academy producing a credible number of players capable of making the first team, and the fact that they are Spurs supporters is a bonus!

Folks claiming we need a cunt in the team.. really don't think we need to look any further than Mason. He's small but he's got a nasty side to him for sure -- always at the heart of the fight (fucking golden when he got Benteke sent off).

And the way Nabil had his back minutes after that Henry fuck went in with a dirty lunge.. Don't care what anyone says, that slide that stopped Henry's run forward and got Bentaleb the yellow was definitely intentional. Mason and Bentaleb certainly seem to bring a little bit of don't fuck with us to the team.

Folks claiming we need a cunt in the team.. really don't think we need to look any further than Mason. He's small but he's got a nasty side to him for sure -- always at the heart of the fight (fucking golden when he got Benteke sent off).

And the way Nabil had his back minutes after that Henry fuck went in with a dirty lunge.. Don't care what anyone says, that slide that stopped Henry's run forward and got Bentaleb the yellow was definitely intentional. Mason and Bentaleb certainly seem to bring a little bit of don't fuck with us to the team.

And that's just what we need in our CDMs. To be honest, I love it when they get dirty. Not to be a gibbs or anything but your team can;t be full of "____ _______"

I think Zamora leaning hard on Ryan's neck may have been more of an issue than Henry's tackle. Some definite verbal and physical provocation. Pochettino did well to get Ryan out of that, as retaliation was guaranteed.

Fazio is supposed to be a real cunt!
Looks like it too and he does not fuck about!
Maybe he can teach Mason!
Also Soldado was up and wanted to police it too like that, team player!

So it's pretty obvious:
chiriches, Kaboul, Capoue, invisibilinho, nogoaldado, adebayor (and Lennon permanently) should all be sold.
With all those sold we need to bring in..
1) a defensive minded but creative CM
2) an attacking midfielder that is primary central but can also play on the left( a coutinho type). Someone that can run with the ball is essential.

Those would be the two who go straight into our first 11 for me( In place of mason and the attacking mid would play centrally with eriksen on the left and Lamela on the right).

We then obviously need to bring in a striker and also another back up centre back (I have faith in the dier and vertonghen partnership). I also have faith that Pritchard will be a success and provide good cover on the left. Maybe another young third choice striker is needed to.

If we are moving Eriksen left, we may as well cash in and buy a proper left winger

He is not a left winger and will never be one. He is just so good relative to the rest of the XI, that he still makes himself useful.

We want the best from our player. Therefore he should play AMC and AMC only. Our problem is a lack of natural wingers, not a lack of natural central players.

If we are moving Eriksen left, we may as well cash in and buy a proper left winger

He is not a left winger and will never be one. He is just so good relative to the rest of the XI, that he still makes himself useful.

We want the best from our player. Therefore he should play AMC and AMC only. Our problem is a lack of natural wingers, not a lack of natural central players.
To be fair, he has done pretty well in games where he has moved out to the wider position and then drifts into space, rather than get crowded out in the middle.

To be fair, he has done pretty well in games where he has moved out to the wider position and then drifts into space, rather than get crowded out in the middle.
... as I said, because he is such a good player relative to the rest of the XI, that he can pull it off. Same goes for Harry Kane really, looks useful everywhere around the attack. Still a nailed on striker.

As for Eriksen we need to play him at the best: 4-3-3 formation, point of midfield 3, with a 3 man strong attack around him. Kane perfect for the role, now we just need the 2 wide forwards (wingers).

Last edited:
Another reason why this makes perfect sense: Some of our youth players according to Windy, Bankrupt, EA and others are players who excell in the AMC role, such as Onomah, Pritchard, etc.

... as I said, because he is such a good player relative to the rest of the XI, that he can pull it off. Same goes for Harry Kane really, looks useful everywhere around the attack. Still a nailed on striker.

As for Eriksen we need to play him at the best: 4-4-3 formation, point of midfield 3, with a 3 man strong attack around him. Kane perfect for the role, now we just need the 2 wide forwards (wingers).

I agree playing 4-4-3 and having the extra man will be the making of us.

Last edited:
Such a shame that mason and Kane have such unfortunate sounding voices. If they weren't football stars they'd be the boring bloke in logistics that calls you up to audit how much stationary you have on your desk at work.

(Of course it doesn't really matter)

Such a shame that mason and Kane have such unfortunate sounding voices. If they weren't football stars they'd be the boring bloke in logistics that calls you up to audit how much stationary you have on your desk at work.

(Of course it doesn't really matter)
Eriksen isn't much better. Laughs like an astmatic schoolgirl too. But them freekicks. Oh the freekicks :paulinhowtf:

Back
Top Bottom