Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely tackle from Mason in a typical Spurs high pressing approach leading the the England goal for Andros.

Woy mate, the answer here is obvious. More Spurs = more wins. Dier and Pritchard next call ups ;)

CBgdiVaUQAE_1PB.jpg:large

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32177003

"But I guarantee you now, had Tim, Chris and myself not taken over the first team, nobody would be talking about Kane, Mason and Townsend. Because we gave them the opportunity to play," stresses Ferdinand.

Les Ferdinand, let go in June along with Ramsey, Sherwood who was jettisoned in May are responsible for giving someone the opportunity to play that didn't debut until September and spent last season on loan with Swindon.

I look forward to 2030 when an 18 year old breaks through into the first team under Ledley King and one of those 3 still claims responsibility

and then Mason's retort

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/434735/Tottenham-Ryan-Mason-Mauricio-Pochettino-England

Mason, 23, caught Pochettino’s eye in pre-season matches following a previous season on loan at Swindon and recovery from ankle surgery.

The Spurs star said: "I was probably one of the better players and the gaffer said he believed in me and that I’ll play for him in the Premier League. That was within the first two or three weeks and to hear that from him was great.

"I wasn’t looking for another loan. I was in the last two years of my contract and getting to the age when, if it didn’t happen this season, I would probably have looked to leave. The gaffer’s record speaks for itself. He is honest and picks the team on how you’re training.

"And if you are in the team and doing well then you’re staying there, no matter what you’ve done in the past or who you are.

"He just wants his best team that can get results each week. It’s brilliant for young players. He focuses on the team and teamwork, it’s not about individuals. He’s massive on everyone pulling together and helping each other out on the pitch.

"Hopefully many more managers in the Premier League can start doing that for the sake of English football."

Quite a different picture being painted but one that is so subtle that Ferdinand's ego will only notice "One of the better players" and take it out of the context in which it is said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32177003

Les Ferdinand, let go in June along with Ramsey, Sherwood who was jettisoned in May are responsible for giving someone the opportunity to play that didn't debut until September and spent last season on loan with Swindon.

I look forward to 2030 when an 18 year old breaks through into the first team under Ledley King and one of those 3 still claims responsibility
i think u missed the point. i think he means because they helped keep mason at the club which is strange considering he had a lot of injuries & hadnt made the first team despite his age. 99% of teams would have let mason go before the forest game. a lot of faith was shown in mason for him to still be at the club. dont let the fact he didnt play in the 1st team disguise that fact.

i think u missed the point. i think he means because they helped keep mason at the club which is strange considering he had a lot of injuries & hadnt made the first team despite his age. 99% of teams would have let mason go before the forest game. a lot of faith was shown in mason for him to still be at the club. dont let the fact he didnt play in the 1st team disguise that fact.

" nobody would be talking about Kane, Mason and Townsend. Because we gave them the opportunity to play,"

To add to what I said he only ever played 10 times for our reserve team so if anyone wants to take credit for giving him chances of first team football while Ferdinand, Sherwood and Ramsey were at the helm then step forward Mark Cooper of Swindon

i dont rate reserve team football. much better loaning him to a league 1 club

Which is fair enough but then in the same token if he's being loaned out and someone else is making the decision whether or not to pick him then Ferdinand can't claim responsibility. I don't have too much of an issue with any of them mentioning Kane, Townsend or Bentaleb, the waters are a little murkier and it's open to debate but I don't mind too much, but they have done nothing to assure Mason's first team breakthrough.

I find it hilarious that Ferdinand especially is taking any credit whatsoever, considering he was brought in by Redknapp as a striker coach initially. I don't see him claiming responsibility for Bent missing sitters, being carried by 1 striker each season despite having 3 or 4 international forwards or VdV outscoring our strikers and that is something he had direct control over

Which is fair enough but then in the same token if he's being loaned out and someone else is making the decision whether or not to pick him then Ferdinand can't claim responsibility. I don't have too much of an issue with any of them mentioning Kane, Townsend or Bentaleb, the waters are a little murkier and it's open to debate but I don't mind too much, but they have done nothing to assure Mason's first team breakthrough.

I find it hilarious that Ferdinand especially is taking any credit whatsoever, considering he was brought in by Redknapp as a striker coach initially. I don't see him claiming responsibility for Bent missing sitters, being carried by 1 striker each season despite having 3 or 4 international forwards or VdV outscoring our strikers and that is something he had direct control over
you could the same about any coach or manager though. they don't claim responsibility for things that didn't go well. but fair enough if u want to point it out for Ferdinand. I bet u will be less inclined to do the same for poch. likes todays awful performance. the players didn't play for poch at all. that was so poor. probably sherwoods fault though!

you could the same about any coach or manager though. they don't claim responsibility for things that didn't go well. but fair enough if u want to point it out for Ferdinand. I bet u will be less inclined to do the same for poch. likes todays awful performance. the players didn't play for poch at all. that was so poor. probably sherwoods fault though!

Why would you think that? Pochettino has made a number of mistakes both in selections and substitutes. Why would I have any issue with saying that?

Back
Top Bottom