Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Motm, and could've had about four assists in the last two matches if his teammates were a bit sharper. He's been really solid defensively lately, and perhaps more importantly, things are finally clicking for him in the final third.

He still needs time to continue to develop, but at the moment I'd start him even over a fully fit Reguilon.
tbf, Reguilon at his best under Mou was better than Sessegnon at his best for us so far.

tbf, Reguilon at his best under Mou was better than Sessegnon at his best for us so far.
I think Sess is a better defender than Reg. He is certainly stronger in the tackle.
He provided 3 big chances today so IMO he is currently better than Reg (who is no slouch) in attack.
I think Sess will get better but I don't think there is improvement in Reg.

Reguilon at his best is still just him running around like a lunatic though. Sess definitely has the potential to be a more elegant player than him.
Reg at his best was defensively pretty solid, he mashalled Mahrez and co pretty well in his early games under Mou, and was delivering Trippier like crosses from wide/deep areas.

I'll say though that Sess is not bullied about the way Reg is, because he's just got more mass.

Swear he’s only been 21 years old for like 4 years?! :contehandshead:
His debut for Fulham was at 16. First player born in the 2000s to score a goal in professional English football.

Thre hype was as much for the age as the fact that he was decent in the champioship.

Reguilon at his best is still just him running around like a lunatic though. Sess definitely has the potential to be a more elegant player than him.

It's one of those where if someone shouts they are passionate but if they are quiet they are deemed by some to care less. A bit daft.

Give me calm, assured and reliable every time.

Sir Alex Ferguson on his easier pick in his best 11 was quick to point out Denis Irwin.

Sessegnon has a long way to go but he is a lot more measured than Reguillon and composure at speed is invaluable..

Think he's gonna bang next season after a full Conte pre season, you can see it - he's getting more confident and creating a lot of chances and it's clear Conte really likes him.

He'd create better chances, that I think we'd score from, if he went round the outside more often.
Getting pretty fed up with pacey counters ending when he stops and cuts inside then plays it 3 yards to Son in the D.

It may not always look pretty. But he does put in good shifts.

I would add that his xA for the game was 0,97 (!!). Next bests were Moura and Son with ~0,2

So with normal finishing he should have had assist. Son unfortunately did not put any of the chances into the bag.

Sess last 3 games xA
- Burnley 0,97
- Scum 0,98
- Pool 0,57

For comparison Emerson same numbers
- Burnley 0,03
- Scum 0,11
- Pool 0,00

Now I really hope that Sessegnon can keep such form up.

The header he made in the first half was incredible, saved us a goal. His defensive awareness is much better.

Wouldn't be against having Sess and Reg as our two left wing backs next year.

Right wing back is where we need to sort things out.

Why would we keep him and Reg as LWB options if Conte obviously does not rate Reggie ?!?!
Based on last few games Sess has made the position his.
Now why in the world would we keep
- 3,5 years older
- non HG
- not preferred
- currently decent market value

player as 2nd option?
Really - I would like to understand logic behind that.

Given the suitability for position, potential shown and market value, it would be quite obvious -
sell Reggie and Royal, keep Sess and Doherty.
And at that I would say from these 4 Reggie should be sold first, cause Royal has shown that he could be clearly useful option against strong sides as more defensive WB (potentially even RCB) while Reggie has not shown anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom