Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He looks a bit more confident, and hopefully with more regular playing time, he will continue to improve and become a valuable member of the team in a bit of a problem area.

He'd create better chances, that I think we'd score from, if he went round the outside more often.
Getting pretty fed up with pacey counters ending when he stops and cuts inside then plays it 3 yards to Son in the D.
My problem with Regui has always been that he'd take a second before whipping in a cross unlike Trippier who liked to run on to the ball and hit it first time.

Sess used to do it too, he's a left footer and his main attacking contribution at Spurs was the first time low driven cross. Makes me think Conte is telling him to do that.

Now his main contribution tends to come from sort of muscling/stumbling his way into the 18 yard box and then deliver a cut back.

Guardian picking Sess as one of 5 Young Players of the Season, and tipping him for an England call up soon. He‘s certainly come on under Conte, and hopefully will keep doing so next season!

Premier League 2021-22 review: young players of the season
(Kulusevski is also there)

Mm, I have given him some serious praise lately...
But to be among "Young players of the SEASON" is far fetched if you ask me.

Lad only played 1000 minutes in the EPL...

I would hope next one would be his season. Now he just upped his game in the end of the season (warning for future).

Guardian picking Sess as one of 5 Young Players of the Season, and tipping him for an England call up soon. He‘s certainly come on under Conte, and hopefully will keep doing so next season!

Premier League 2021-22 review: young players of the season
(Kulusevski is also there)
...Deki the only Foreign player in there too!

Having 2 Spurs players out of 5 ain't bad!!
...and I'd wager Skipp would've been included too had he got a full season in...

OBVIOUSLY the Grauniad are contractually obliged to put Sakha on there... But he is decent.

Conor Gallagher is excellent too... Hope he stays at Palace rather than helping Chelsea out... But fear he might go back there....

He's such a confusing player. Since his Fulham days he's gone from a winger who's being turned into a makeshift fullback despite extremely poor defending, to now a WB who is defensive servicable, but very limited in attack.

That Doherty goal from Kane's cross should be a Sessegnon trademark.

I don't see the aggression that the likes of Rose and Walker showed. Seems like a polite young man, too nice.

He's getting into the right positions to score and to assist. Good touch for Son's goal at Dippers. Created almost identical for Sonny v Goons and v Burnley, but Son was moving forwards at the time and both balls were slightly behind him. One of Son's goals where he turned and scored, Sess was on his shoulder, unmarked, begging for the short pass to score.

I've said it before that maybe it's a confidence thing. Doherty (who has fewer good attributes) doesn't hold himself back. Started to score and assist at a crazy rate before his injury. That equaliser v Leicester, Doherty literally flung himself into the danger zone and was taken out spectacularly. I can't see Sess getting on the end of that pass into the box.

I'd prefer him to Regi, marginally. Home grown and all that.

It looks like Conte will upgrade on him with a more experienced and proven LWB, but I'd like someone to work on this guy. He's still so young and I think with the right coaching he could have a good and long career with us.

I don't see the aggression that the likes of Rose and Walker showed. Seems like a polite young man, too nice.

He's getting into the right positions to score and to assist. Good touch for Son's goal at Dippers. Created almost identical for Sonny v Goons and v Burnley, but Son was moving forwards at the time and both balls were slightly behind him. One of Son's goals where he turned and scored, Sess was on his shoulder, unmarked, begging for the short pass to score.

I've said it before that maybe it's a confidence thing. Doherty (who has fewer good attributes) doesn't hold himself back. Started to score and assist at a crazy rate before his injury. That equaliser v Leicester, Doherty literally flung himself into the danger zone and was taken out spectacularly. I can't see Sess getting on the end of that pass into the box.

It looks like Conte will upgrade on him with a more experienced and proven LWB, but I'd like someone to work on this guy. He's still so young and I think with the right coaching he could have a good and long career with us.
He definitely overtook Reg with his stint at the back end of the season.

Makes perfect sense to get someone like Kostic in as the main man and let Sess continue to develop.

He will still get plenty of game time given the number of comps, 5 sub rule and the fact that Conte most actively rotates wingbacks.

I think his issue is aggression and confidence, all the raw tools are there, he just needs to own the role.

He's such a confusing player. Since his Fulham days he's gone from a winger who's being turned into a makeshift fullback despite extremely poor defending, to now a WB who is defensive servicable, but very limited in attack.

That Doherty goal from Kane's cross should be a Sessegnon trademark.

He thing that gives me hope is his assist against the Dippers.......

Brains and composure > spamming crosses at every opportunity.

Another injury is a bit of a worry

But the opportunity for him to have a complete summer off is certainly a good plan - and hopefully to be fit for pre-season and some mentoring with Persic even better

Back
Top Bottom