Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BTW, his record in PL in 2021/22 season in PL

Started 13 matches, subbed on in another 2, on bench but not brought on 7 and injured for 15 matches in 3 different injuries each taking him out for 3-8 matches.

Ended season with a decent run of 6 matches where he seemed to be gaining confidence.

Two assists in the season.

Having an injury free season, or minimal injuries, would be good news

The header he made in the first half was incredible, saved us a goal. His defensive awareness is much better.

Wouldn't be against having Sess and Reg as our two left wing backs next year.

Right wing back is where we need to sort things out.
Reg is wank.erratic and all over the place. Sess is a nice footballer and keeps the ball well, far more potential to blossom with players like Kane / Son

Another injury is a bit of a worry

But the opportunity for him to have a complete summer off is certainly a good plan - and hopefully to be fit for pre-season and some mentoring with Persic even better

Key comment:

"it's more precautionary than anything after all the minutes he played at the end of the season as he wants to ensure he's injury-free for a big pre-season under Conte."

Key comment:

"it's more precautionary than anything after all the minutes he played at the end of the season as he wants to ensure he's injury-free for a big pre-season under Conte."

Providing that's correct its exactly what we want.

However England not noted for allowing players out of tournaments when not actually injured

Key comment:

He’s 21 ffs

Conte should be threatening all of the them to mug this piss off

I've got a soft spot for Ryan, think he's been unlucky with injuries and him withdrawing from the England team will be a blessing in disguise, IMO.
A rest and a good pre-season may be just what he needs to build up some resilience, I feel he still lacks a little bit of self-confidence.

I've got a soft spot for Ryan, think he's been unlucky with injuries and him withdrawing from the England team will be a blessing in disguise, IMO.
A rest and a good pre-season may be just what he needs to build up some resilience, I feel he still lacks a little bit of self-confidence.
Very clearly a nice but slightly timid lad. I always feel he had imposter syndrome. He needs to believe he is the real deal.

Providing that's correct its exactly what we want.

However England not noted for allowing players out of tournaments when not actually injured
Yup. IIRC Sess got crocked playing in a summer England U21 tournament the season he joined us, & was out until November. GLC was crocked playing for Argentina too, so hardly played for Poch.

These intl tournaments are absolutely ridiculous after long, hard, seasons. Players are getting physically burnt out.

The dumbest is this idiotic Nations League when top players should be on holiday getting some R&R.

If Kane didn't love playing for his country so much, I'd be hoping he withdrew from the summer farce with a minor injury too.

Ryan has got to the byline loads of times and cut back inside. He will watch Perisic get to the byline and cross the ball. If that don't learn him up he should forget about it.

You can certainly teach mean. The do it boxing all the time. He has it we all do but you can embrace it enough to give to some edge. He also absolutely needs to be able to trust his body.
Trusting his body is key for Ryan's development. It doesn't matter how mean he gets if he can't trust his body to hold up.

Really have high hopes for him next season.

He seems like a nice lad, but would be good if he found a bit of Walker/Rose/Aurier cockiness, as I think he needs that in his game to get over the mentality he’s not good enough for us.

You’re not a bad player when you can genuinely pocket Salah, Sterling and Saka.

Providing he doesn’t get any injuries, I think he’ll finally realise that potential with Conte and Perisic’s tutelage.

Back
Top Bottom