Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crap player who had a half decent game against tiny little KWP. Returns to his usual shitness.

We all want him to do well but was woeful today. Unable to keep possession, tackle or play simple passes. he really needs to do a lot better.
Regullion seems to be on his way out - I’ve never been a fan but not sure he’s worse than sessegnon - probably the HG status that swings it.
I genuinely think Ben would be a better back up WB to Pereisic than Sess.

He is 22 and young going up against a very formidable defense and midfield. Stop slating players to make yourself feel better. Looks petty.
I want him to do well.

But he’s had long enough; more than enough time. He needs to seriously improve and demonstrate some sort of consistency. He looked lost most of the game.

Why is he being singled out? Not a single one of our players coped well with Chelsea's pressure and movement. They are a top team and made all our players look shite.

I swear some of the people on here think we have to play against opponents as good as Chelsea every week. Thankfully 16 of the other 18 teams we have to play are worse than them.

Why is he being singled out? Not a single one of our players coped well with Chelsea's pressure and movement. They are a top team and made all our players look shite.

I swear some of the people on here think we have to play against opponents as good as Chelsea every week. Thankfully 16 of the other 18 teams we have to play are worse than them.
Yeah… if this were a CL first leg we’d all be ecstatic.

Tough game today and we emerged with a point. Lloris was probably our best player which tells you a lot.

Conte has to take his share of the blame for Sess looking bad, he let him get tactically overloaded by James and RLC for an hour. Perisic would have got the same treatment - it’s the same thing Tuchel did against Conte repeatedly last season too.

Funny that we only got better once he switched to a 4-2-4 and enabled us to start overloading back.

I'm not a fan of Sessegnon (I've just never seen it at all with him) but comparing any player to James is a high bar. I honestly think he might already be the best right back in the world. A freak athlete with a whole bunch of technique to go with it.

Tactically versatile too.... Another reason why he shades TAA.

My #1 for England; no question.

Tactically versatile too.... Another reason why he shades TAA.

My #1 for England; no question.

I honestly think Southgate should seriously consider a system where Trent plays in midfield for England with James at wing back. I know he tried it once and it wasn't totally successful, but positionally he's almost a midfielder anyway. And we lack craft in the middle of the park.

Probably not enough time left now to probably try and test it .. but anyway, that's for a different thread.

I honestly think Southgate should seriously consider a system where Trent plays in midfield for England with James at wing back. I know he tried it once and it wasn't totally successful, but positionally he's almost a midfielder anyway. And we lack craft in the middle of the park.

Probably not enough time left now to probably try and test it .. but anyway, that's for a different thread.

Not sure I agree with that.... Functionally he's a winger, not a MF.

I'd consider him as a trad winger against a top team that are particularly dangerous on that side, but I think most combative CMs would eat him for breakfast in the middle...... Don't see how he gets to implement his crossing game being stuck the the MF battle either.

Back
Top Bottom