Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

poorly managed all round.
We bought him injured which is never good - should have left him with fulham for his recovery and he could have joined back up with us at xmas.
He's clearly not a defender, at best a LWB - but really left winger that had been scoring frequently - so should have been utilised in that position.
Just another case of fucking around with a player, playing a player in the wrong position, stupid systems that don't fit the players we have.
finally - underlines how shit our scouting is. Sessegnong was an absolute punt - but £25mill - fuck sake.

Just hypothetically can anyone else imagine the list from Hitchens and Poch presented for Levy....

Listed in order of need.

1) Lo Celso
2) Dybala
3) Fernandes
4) Grealish
5) Ndombele
6) Sessongon

Levy forgets his glasses and reads from the bottom up and spends £79 million on the bottom two by mistake. Doh !

Just hypothetically can anyone else imagine the list from Hitchens and Poch presented for Levy....

Listed in order of need.

1) Lo Celso
2) Dybala
3) Fernandes
4) Grealish
5) Ndombele
6) Sessongon

Levy forgets his glasses and reads from the bottom up and spends £79 million on the bottom two by mistake. Doh !

Should spent it while he could, now we need twice as many players and everyone knows it. Bet chairmen around the world are about to "Well you fucked me before, now I'm going to fuck you" to Levy. We've fast gone back to a buying club and after all the money spent on sure people are going to want to get top dollar for their players, especially if they have to deal with Levy.

That's going to piss Jose off.

We bought him injured which is never good - should have left him with fulham for his recovery and he could have joined back up with us at xmas.
He's clearly not a defender, at best a LWB - but really left winger that had been scoring frequently - so should have been utilised in that position.
Just another case of fucking around with a player, playing a player in the wrong position, stupid systems that don't fit the players we have.
finally - underlines how shit our scouting is. Sessegnong was an absolute punt - but £25mill - fuck sake.

I think Poch wanted to sign him to develop him into a left back but he was never suitable for that role. He’s an attacker. Not sure we know what to do with him. A run of games on the left wing would be an idea but we can’t carry anyone at the moment.

Exactly.

Like all players however he deserves a bit of time and lets see what happens. The hype on here was unbearable when he was at Fulham. I was one of a few on here who questioned his technique but some people just like to look at the stats.

Exactly.

Like all players however he deserves a bit of time and lets see what happens. The hype on here was unbearable when he was at Fulham. I was one of a few on here who questioned his technique but some people just like to look at the stats.

I think he will be fine but he is no left back. Remember how poor Bale looked.

The truth, like Ndombele but with more excuse is that he joined at a time when we were going downwards and with hype in excess.

Like the Frenchman he must dig deep and he has not become a bad player but to be at a club like ours and succeed takes some doing.

Ultimately however he has to be good enough or it's goodbye. Next season will be better for sure.

I think he will be fine but he is no left back. Remember how poor Bale looked.

The truth, like Ndombele but with more excuse is that he joined at a time when we were going downwards and with hype in excess.

Like the Frenchman he must dig deep and he has not become a bad player but to be at a club like ours and succeed takes some doing.

Ultimately however he has to be good enough or it's goodbye. Next season will be better for sure.

Yes I agree, he's the victim of coming into a team on the slide, as is Ndombele.

Interestingly though I always could see the quality in Bale, even when redknapp didn't fancy him and he was playing LB and couldn't buy a win. You could tell by his technique he was a bit special,

Yes I agree, he's the victim of coming into a team on the slide, as is Ndombele.

Interestingly though I always could see the quality in Bale, even when redknapp didn't fancy him and he was playing LB and couldn't buy a win. You could tell by his technique he was a bit special,

I will give you that but Bale always had that arrogance.

If I were Sessegnon's adviser or coach I would tell him to be fcuking arrogant.

Look at Vardy for example and Ian Wright. Both completely in your face as characters and as a result got everything and more from their ability.

Sessegnon is at 70%. He needs to have the talent coaxed out I feel but it is easier written than done.

Not true. He scored only twice last year for fulham in 38 games, only in the championship was he able to score a lot.

He can't dribble anywhere near well enough to be a premier league wringer

Unless he can make it at lb he won't play prem football for us regularly ever imo

When we occasionally look like a team with an idea (and he's on) he looks tidy with good positions. We now know he won't impose himself on a game and when we are poor he looks very poor.

Depending where we are next year as a team will dictate where he is.

He’s still young but it’s a pity how timid he has been. He doesn’t seem to want to run with the ball. Just looks nervous and then passes it sideways.

Hopefully we start playing him as a LW and simply tell him to skin every defender in sight.

To be honest, I didn't understand the infatuation with the kid. He isn't an out and out winger and he isn't an out and out LB. I do think he could carve out a nice career as a LB and thus, I will give him the time, but as a wide player, up top, I just don't see it.

He makes some great runs behind the defense, but I feel that would be better utilized in a formation like we had with Rose and Walker. He has some of the snap in his left foot that Robertson has, but is far less combative.

IDK, but he is the least of our problems and I am willing to see how he grows as a player.

His movement is the best part of his game.

Amazingly, he's probably one of the best in our entire squad when it comes to his off the ball movement.

Sadly, he seems to lack aggression and intensity in his game.

Amazingly, he's probably one of the best in our entire squad when it comes to his off the ball movement.

yeah, that has to be why he was productive in the champ. I am just guessing as I didn’t watch any of his games, but from what I have seen so far, the instinct is there, just the desire isn’t.

Absolutely this. I'm not saying Sessegnon would ever be the new Bale, I don't think he will for a minute, he lacks his explosive power, but he's much better as a forward player, which is why we bought him, so why not use him there?

It's like the whole midfield thing, none of ours are right in double pivots or CM2's, but that's all Mourinho seems to want to play them in.

I think he's just scared and lacking confidence. He seems like a good lad, not the overly arrogant type. The injuries haven't helped either.

My issue is you just don't see many left footed wingers anymore. The only way he can be productive for us is if he can play in the advanced right position and start banging in goals and assists.

That's true

But sadly it's legitimately the only thing he is good at so far

And also, his defensive positioning isn't that great, only offensive movement. Needs a lot of coaching and experience to be ready for PL football.

He is a project player. Not a £25m signing by far. He has to be one of our worst all time signings consider the price. I have nothing against him and i hope he finds a home eventually. But it is not in a top 4 team in the premier league.

He is a project player. Not a £25m signing by far. He has to be one of our worst all time signings consider the price. I have nothing against him and i hope he finds a home eventually. But it is not in a top 4 team in the premier league.

...But that's the thing about a so-called "project player"; if you've paid 25m for them you don't ditch them after 6 months (of which he's been injured twice) at the age of 19.

Back
Top Bottom