Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another summer Poch signing that seems to have been a disaster.

I really like him as a player but he’s not going to get in ahead of son on the left. Maybe he needs a go cutting in from the right. If not I can’t see how he gets in the team.

Another summer Poch signing that seems to have been a disaster.

I really like him as a player but he’s not going to get in ahead of son on the left. Maybe he needs a go cutting in from the right. If not I can’t see how he gets in the team.

I don't think that's in his game... Attacking-wise he's about wing play and arriving at the back post.

I don't think that's in his game... Attacking-wise he's about wing play and arriving at the back post.
Think he actually had a lot of starts on the right for Fulham if I rememebr correctly, and played well there but can’t be bothered to look it up at the moment.

can’t be worse then Moura there anyway.

:sonhmm:

30 million pounds and hes barely had a look in.

if he couldn't be trusted to play in defence, why was he ever signed in the first place? that money could have bought a top full back.

30 million pounds and hes barely had a look in.

if he couldn't be trusted to play in defence, why was he ever signed in the first place? that money could have bought a top full back.
He wasn't bought as a defender. I assume that he was bought with the plan being for Poch to turn him into Son's understudy on the left wing.

Think he actually had a lot of starts on the right for Fulham if I rememebr correctly, and played well there but can’t be bothered to look it up at the moment.

He literally hasn't had one good game as winger in the premier league. He is not a PL level winger. He can't dribble man. He is a left sided defender, always was. But in the championship he scored a ton of goals from the left because the defending is so much worse and he is good at exploiting space and rather quick and athletic.

Only ever remember seeing him on the left, but happy to take your word for it.....

I hope he comes good, but I didn't think it was a good signing for us at the time and thought we'd have better off spending the dosh on someone who could impact on the squad THIS season (not in a couple of year's time)... It would have been different if he'd looked good for Fulham last season, but he didn't so it was safe to say he was gonna need some time.

What's more, if we're gonna concede that he's not a LB, strategically to leave us with only one senior FB on either side was a real crisis of judgement.

£30m on a DM or a new LWB would have been nice, huh!

He literally hasn't had one good game as winger in the premier league. He is not a PL level winger. He can't dribble man. He is a left sided defender, always was. But in the championship he scored a ton of goals from the left because the defending is so much worse and he is good at exploiting space and rather quick and athletic.

He needs time. It really is that simple.

I thought he would be better but he has joined a sinking ship.

Nobody would have shone in such circumstances so the very least the bloke needs is patience.

He needs time. It really is that simple.

I thought he would be better but he has joined a sinking ship.

Nobody would have shone in such circumstances so the very least the bloke needs is patience.
Time is no guarantee of anything. He's regressed for almost 23 straight months. He was terrible last year and now he's not even getting into the match day squad.

Loan him our or just ship him if possible.

This time next year, Rodney.
JM has no intention of playing Sess or Cirkin this season. What would be the point?
Making the sub's bench is meaningless.
Pre-season we shall see who is or isn't in JM's plans.

This time next year, Rodney.
JM has no intention of playing Sess or Cirkin this season. What would be the point?
Making the sub's bench is meaningless.
Pre-season we shall see who is or isn't in JM's plans.
The point would be to give someone other than Davies a chances to make the LB position their own.

He wasn't bought as a defender. I assume that he was bought with the plan being for Poch to turn him into Son's understudy on the left wing.
I'm sure the fact that he 'could' play there was very much a reason they were interested in him though. As a winger, it's hard to see him starting for a team looking to get back into the CL...

I'm sure the fact that he 'could' play there was very much a reason they were interested in him though. As a winger, it's hard to see him starting for a team looking to get back into the CL...
I think he was also bought with him being a long term project in mind. Someone that we could afford to give time to develop so that he can perform for us in a few years rather than immediately. Gio and Tanguy were the signings for the here and now.

Ryan is only 20 and on a long term deal, we can afford to give him time right now. If we sneak EL next season I think he will be one of the big winners of that.

Back
Top Bottom