Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cases in point are the GLC and Ndombele transfers. I am on record for not liking either deal because they were too late and too much money (though I like both players) when they were available for less the year before. There were players available that would give us similar for a lower financial output at that time.

Scouting is the biggest issue if you ask me. We can't shop at the Madrid/City/United tier, we don't have that money and never will. But we're struggling to identify players a season before they take off and exceed our budget.

Not sure how we fix it, but we gotta get it sorted. We're not even getting in the Chadli's of the world anymore that contribute a bit and turn a profit.

Part of that, also, as supporters is realizing that and being patient. If we're buying top talent "early" we can't always expect players like Sanchez, Sess, and Ndombele to just hit the ground running as world beaters.

FWIW, I really like what the young players of this squad could be soon. But it'd be nice to balance that with some experience too.

Scouting is the biggest issue if you ask me. We can't shop at the Madrid/City/United tier, we don't have that money and never will. But we're struggling to identify players a season before they take off and exceed our budget.

Not sure how we fix it, but we gotta get it sorted. We're not even getting in the Chadli's of the world anymore that contribute a bit and turn a profit.
Trying to remember who posted it but it was late last week that someone posted the different folks that handled certain football responsibilities at City et al. But at Spurs Levy handles all those positions and responsibilities and the results lately don't seem to augur well for life in the post-Poch era. And since he seems reluctant to delegate or to fund a proper scouting setup it looks like we will be on the Mendes train being led by one of the most unscrupulous folks in world football. See the Gedson and Doherty deals for evidence of his involvment.

edit: I think it was one of the Illinois boys - and if you're scoring at home that is pronounces IL-an-wah.

Last edited:
Trying to remember who posted it but it was late last week that someone posted the different folks that handled certain football responsibilities at City et al. But at Spurs Levy handles all those positions and responsibilities and the results lately don't seem to augur well for life in the post-Poch era. And since he seems reluctant to delegate or to fund a proper scouting setup it looks like we will be on the Mendes train being led by one of the most unscrupulous folks in world football. See the Gedson and Doherty deals for evidence of his involvment.
Agreed. Said it before, Levy's biggest failing is not having found and empowered someone that's as good at running a football club as he is at running a business. But thats been difficult for a lot of people, look at United's struggles after SAF.

But 10/10, we desperately need a top shelf DoF.

Part of that, also, as supporters is realizing that and being patient. If we're buying top talent "early" we can't always expect players like Sanchez, Sess, and Ndombele to just hit the ground running as world beaters.

FWIW, I really like what the young players of this squad could be soon. But it'd be nice to balance that with some experience too.
Similarly, we also have to establish a 'get off the pot' time as well. And 3 seasons seems to be enough for any player. You can't wait forever for players to come good in the personnel churn. And of course that calculus is influenced by whatever the profile projection is for the player ie if he's going to be WC you might wait 4 years but if his ceiling is squad player then you move him at the first good offer. But this takes good player personnel people and it looks like all of those are Daniel Levy.

Soldado was top scorer in La Liga, 30M record, Janssen was top scorer in Holland shelled out 20M for a back up striker how can you say there’s no thought process here?
Llorente won it all, 15 goals in the PL for Swansea and we got him in as back up for 15M.

Sanchez wanted by Utd among others and one of Ajax prize starlets, we paid 44M because Poch had ditched Toby. Then Poch ditched Sanchez. Cheap punt? Like De Ligt would have been?

Moura, played at PSG highly rated, 25M January signing for squad places. Cheap punt?

Son? Cheap punt?
Bergwijn? Cheap punt?

What?
Sorry - are we arguing now about buying players or buying predominantly shit players?

Soldado was top scorer in La Liga, 30M record, Janssen was top scorer in Holland shelled out 20M for a back up striker how can you say there’s no thought process here?
Llorente won it all, 15 goals in the PL for Swansea and we got him in as back up for 15M.

Sanchez wanted by Utd among others and one of Ajax prize starlets, we paid 44M because Poch had ditched Toby. Then Poch ditched Sanchez. Cheap punt? Like De Ligt would have been?

Moura, played at PSG highly rated, 25M January signing for squad places. Cheap punt?

Son? Cheap punt?
Bergwijn? Cheap punt?

What?
You're in for a right shock once you learn that all clubs buy players in exchange for money.
It's what you're meant to do.
On average Levy has been a stingy despicable cunt.
Hope that helps

Sorry - are we arguing now about buying players or buying predominantly shit players?
No I’m disputing your caim that other than Ndombele Levy only signed cheap punts.
It’s false.
You might think Sanchez, Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Soldado, Bergwijn and Moura are shit for example but that’s irrelevant.
They weren’t cheap punts.

No I’m disputing your caim that other than Ndombele Levy only signed cheap punts.
It’s false.
You might think Sanchez, Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Soldado, Bergwijn and Moura are shit for example but that’s irrelevant.
They weren’t cheap punts.
For every Ndombele there are 3-4 Stamboilis and 1 Gedson

But I just named a load of players that fit the Ndombele mould, in terms of spending big.
Ndombele is shit by the way, and I would rather we actually took a harmless punt on another Njie for 6M than 64M on him.
No they don’t - and the fact you wanna swap him for a Njie shows you have a hopeless agenda

He’s a quality player - you just hate him for no apparent reason
Hate?
I’m not a 16yr old cheerleader from Seattle mate, I don’t hate him. I think he’s a waste of money and crap.

And there is a reason, he doesn’t care about his health, he doesn’t try hard for the whole time he’s on the pitch, and I think he’s fucking lazy and not very good.

Back
Top Bottom