Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This really is his last hurrah or chance with us if you will imo. If he doesn't come in when called upon and shows something then really I think its time to cut ties with the dude. Which would be a shame because I was quite excited when we got him. Hopefully, he performs solidly enough if does get some time out there.
I suppose the minimum is a “solid” performance, I’d prefer something fantastic to give him a lift and ask questions of the coach and the incumbents… probably too much to ask though?

Wing back role is made for him and his skill set. If he can’t make it now he will never make it.
Bit harsh.
I have rated this lad since I first saw him. Has had loads of injury problems probably connected to him playing in 1st class games sometimes twice a week from the age of 16.
I wouldn't say he was in the last chance saloon. He has been given an opportunity and let's hope he takes it. I am confident he will if he stays fit.

Last edited:
Hope he plays in the same role Thursday. Glad Conte seems value him bringing him on as a sub already. Think he could be great in this system.

This is his prime position

He’s not got the tools to play further up the pitch and is not solid enough as a pure LB

If he can’t make it with a manager expert in coaching this system then I fear he’ll fall down the leagues til he finds his level

Bit harsh.
I have rated this lad since I first saw him. Has had loads of injury problems probably connected to him playing in 1st class games sometimes twice a week from the age of 16.
I wouldn't say he was in the last chance saloon. He has been given an opportunity and let's hope he takes it. I am confident he will if he stays fit.

My comment sounded more negative than I meant it. He is a very talented player IMO, he isn’t amazing at defence or attack but a Jack of all trades, he has good energy as well, he is perfectly suited to wing back given his skill set.

I don’t think he is clinical enough to get an attacking spot or solid enough to take over Davies place yet but he is more than able to play our wing back role.

He has had injuries but when he has played for us in the past he has always looked like he is nervous and played within himself, and that is not just me that has made that comment before. This is his golden opportunity, an elite coach with his best position available as not every manager plays wing backs. He has great talent and now has the greatest opportunity to demonstrate what he can do, so it’s mentality now, he cannot play within himself anymore.

This is his prime position

He’s not got the tools to play further up the pitch and is not solid enough as a pure LB

If he can’t make it with a manager expert in coaching this system then I fear he’ll fall down the leagues til he finds his level

I agree. It is up to him to really try and win this position in the team. Hopefully he gets a good run out on thursday to give the manager something to think about.

I definitely think that the wing backs have to have scoring potential and he does have that. Not sure about his ability to defend though.

He seems one of the most talented and likeable in the squad so I'd want nothing more than him to come good and as he says himself, this formation seems ideal. He's had horrible luck with injuries and not really having a place in any previous set up that suited him.

Back
Top Bottom