Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No more talented than all the other youth players we pop out and end up moving on to League 2. Only difference is we were dumb enough to pay 25-30milion.
Are you sure? Just wondering because in the 3 pages leading up to your comment I got the idea that this player was one of the most talented we have (backhanded compliment if ever there was one) and his career, heretofore, has only been derailed because of injury, misfortune, and the fact that he thinks about his hamstrings 24 hrs a day but definitely NOT because of a lack of discernible ability and a very limited skillset.

I was also led to believe that this guy had brains upon brains and with his beautiful mind he was going to lead us to the promised land. Two bookings in the first half seems to cast doubt on that but he was probably in one of his hamstring fits and lost his mind.

We have wasted so much money these last few years

Absolutely tragic
It is amazing that the window where we signed Sessegnon, Lo Celso, and Ndombele has done as much damage as where we went 18 months without signing anybody! What the fuck have we been doing asa club the past few years, the drop in the quality of our players is unbelievable.

came here to say what meaningless-friendly said.

This window has done us much more harm. Instead of not signing anyone, we have taken on some massive liabilities.
You also forgot Clarke from that list.

Transfer fees + wages together this utter bunch of wank has been 200 million wasted Euros. If we would have kept the money and played academy kids, we would have been better off. Maybe some of the kids would have turned out to be players?!?
None from this quartet has... and they still have shitloads of contracts left with us, so total outlay will be maybe something like 260 mil? more than quarter billion. for nothing. fuck me.

It is amazing that the window where we signed Sessegnon, Lo Celso, and Ndombele has done as much damage as where we went 18 months without signing anybody! What the fuck have we been doing asa club the past few years, the drop in the quality of our players is unbelievable.

So true, yet back in 19/20 you couldn't move on here for sticky stuff, the site was full of over-excited fans saying how this window was going to help move us upwards ... who knew just how wrong we were.

Tanguy NdombéléOlympique LyonOlympique Lyon£54.00m
Steven BergwijnPSV EindhovenPSV Eindhoven£27.00m
Ryan SessegnonFulham FCFulham£24.30m
Giovani Lo CelsoReal Betis BalompiéReal BetisLoan to Buy
Jack ClarkeLeeds UnitedLeeds£9.90m
Gedson FernandesSL BenficaBenficaLoan to Buy

Not trying to be an apologist for him because I could have thrown something at my screen last night but could he have been trying to make an impact to the point of making two stupid fouls? Do we give him a few games in the team to make a final decision or has he blown his load so to speak? I really don't know anymore.

Fab is the main man... Much like Levy used to wield the power over Hitchen previously.... His position here has long been over-played since Amazon made a meme out of him... He'd barely ever got a mention here before the TV show; such was people's ignorance of him.

Honestly, other than a head scout with a fancier job title; what exactly do you (or anyone for that matter) think he does here?

Poch would have had a huge slice of the non-financial say when it came to Ndombele, Gio & Sess (+ others)..... Which has proved far more detrimental than what followed in the following 2 windows under Jose.

Hopefully, Hitchen's job is making sure Paratici's phone has plenty of battery and fetching the espressos.

Apparently the chief scout/technical director during that period is now revamping the scouting department.

Which doesn't fill me with confidence. Everyone involved in our first-team recruitment over the last 4 years wants shooting, it's been a fucking diabolical mess.

iu

I hate January...

Not trying to be an apologist for him because I could have thrown something at my screen last night but could he have been trying to make an impact to the point of making two stupid fouls? Do we give him a few games in the team to make a final decision or has he blown his load so to speak? I really don't know anymore.

You could well be right, over-eagerness probably got him his red card. When you watch him though...there's nothing there, is there? For example, a young Kyle Walker - he was always super fast. There was something to cling on to, clearly had some fantastic raw attributes. Even players that don't turn out anything special, say a young Tom Huddlestone, he could ping a pass and strike the ball beautifully. There was something that made you think he had potential, even if it didn't work out in the end. I don't see anything with Sessegnon that really buys him some space to develop.

His only saving grace is that we have 1 left wing back, who isn't anything amazing, and we have a dozen or so games until we can buy anybody. And even then, we will probably prioritise other areas. So he may get another chance to play purely by default.

You could well be right, over-eagerness probably got him his red card. When you watch him though...there's nothing there, is there? For example, a young Kyle Walker - he was always super fast. There was something to cling on to, clearly had some fantastic raw attributes. Even players that don't turn out anything special, say a young Tom Huddlestone, he could ping a pass and strike the ball beautifully. There was something that made you think he had potential, even if it didn't work out in the end. I don't see anything with Sessegnon that really buys him some space to develop.

His only saving grace is that we have 1 left wing back, who isn't anything amazing, and we have a dozen or so games until we can buy anybody. And even then, we will probably prioritise other areas. So he may get another chance to play purely by default.
Yeah that is a very good point, even if we wanted to get rid he has the time to show if there is anything there. I do agree it does seem as though there really isn't anything to cling on to which is a shame because I had high hopes, especially with a relatively successful loan spell in Germany.

I do feel though there are many of these players who possess one skill such as speed in our squad but little else, the amount of times we get in the final third and neither one of them can make a 5 yard pass. So frustrating. I guess time will tell.

Why does everyone say 18th months?

Pedantic point though it is it was 12.

Lucas Jan 19
Bergwijn - Jan 20

Did ok today..... After his false re-start against Mura; lets hope he can build on this on Thursday.

...Rushing Reg back will be a baaad idea.

At the very least, should lift his spirits a bit after the Mura fiasco. Hopefully onwards and upwards and not before time

Yep, first thing is to be in a team that wins, then he has to contribute.

If he or Conte can unleash the fear he could be a player but we have kind of been here before with him, so game by game for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom