RZ Pellets WAC or is that Wolsberger AC, whatever they are called (A) 18/2/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good game?? Fuck me! Nothing was different in that game

From this position, their 20 year old 'farmer's league' striker had a free shot from just outside the 6 yard box. He is being marked by 2 players in this screen shot. Doherty is marking his man
RVxvUY1.png

There are 7 players just standing still during this progression, not moving. This screen shot is right after their right winger took the ball passed 2 players, laid it off to his team mate who crossed the ball to those 2 unmarked players at the far post
a1GbPeE.png

Observe the marking here. There are 8 players in the box, while 2 of their players remain unmarked. They hit the bar from an almost free header with this chance
Mx3hWA6.png

Dont' forget, this game was against a team that is currently 6th in the Austrian League. Unless we pull our defensive fingers out, we ain't winning jack shit!
I love it when still photos are used to show marking and positioning that 1 nano second before and after the photo, the situation was completely different

I could put up stills from the last 15 City games and call their defence shit too

I love it when still photos are used to show marking and positioning that 1 nano second before and after the photo, the situation was completely different

I could put up stills from the last 15 City games and call their defence shit too
watch it in real-time

it's just as bad lol

1st half

2nd half

Yeah and any goal or chance City concede can also be ripped to shreds

This nonsensical notion that when we win, it’s never pure enough

But nobody should care.

Winning is nearly everything although if we were truly a hump it and lump it outfit that would be hard to stomach.

I hate the competition but we won a game and that will do for me.

Moving on...

Last edited:
Liverpool’s second leg game is being moved to a neutral venue because ze Germans can’t fly into England without having to isolate for 10 days afterwards. I’m assuming it’s the same reason as to why our game was also moved last night. So it’s possible they have the same refs in Austria and our game will have to do the same?

Landing ban for flights from the United Kingdom until 21 February 2021, 24:00​

Due to a particularly contagious Covid-19 variant found in the United Kingdom, Austria has extended its landing ban for passenger aircraft until 21 February 2021, 24:00. Please contact your airline for questions regarding flights and rebookings.

I assume that's why we played in Hungary last night.

and if the austrian team travelled to uk before 21 feb, they would face a problem on way back.

Things are still moving fast so suggest we wait until Monday to be certain - but to be diplomatic both teams and UEFA might have agreed to use same neutral ground (ie Puskas stadium) for both matches to avoid either side having an advantage.

Landing ban for flights from the United Kingdom until 21 February 2021, 24:00​

Due to a particularly contagious Covid-19 variant found in the United Kingdom, Austria has extended its landing ban for passenger aircraft until 21 February 2021, 24:00. Please contact your airline for questions regarding flights and rebookings.

I assume that's why we played in Hungary last night.

and if the austrian team travelled to uk before 21 feb, they would face a problem on way back.

Things are still moving fast so suggest we wait until Monday to be certain - but to be diplomatic both teams and UEFA might have agreed to use same neutral ground (ie Puskas stadium) for both matches to avoid either side having an advantage.

They have extended it to 7th March now.
So game will have to get moved.

Back
Top Bottom