S10E15 - What Makes A Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
We sat down with Aaron Wolfe to talk about how fans from the US fall in love with, having deepest respect for those that go to the games, caring as much as we do, and missing everything about watching our team play.

Fans: Aaron Wolfe and Flav

- Patreon - The Fighting Cock is creating podcasts | Patreon

- Twitch - Twitch

- Twitter - http://bit.ly/2wleG6z

- Facebook - The Fighting Cock

- Instagram - Login • Instagram

- WhatsApp - https://bit.ly/3dhrQTd

- YouTube - The Fighting Cock -

A Tottenham Hotspur Podcast, Up the Spurs!

See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.

I'd be interested to hear what Aaron thinks of the development of football within the US. I've lived in the States a (very) short time and have been meeting blokes who are clearly very passionate about the game and their PL club, Spurs or otherwise, though tend to be dismissive of the domestic game. The quality may be lacking but there's a pretty strong ecosystem of leagues and clubs now.

For me, some of what was discussed in the pod can only truly be experienced from that physical, tangible connection to the club and community. I'm glad that people outside of England can forge a strong connection with Spurs but I feel that they could have a richer experience if they followed their local side, whatever the standard and stature might be.

*I'll qualify this by stating I live in one of the worst states (Arkansas) for interest in football, especially domestic, so it's no doubt different in NY, Pacific NW, California etc. where professional clubs are present.

I think the criteria is; if we lose, and you get over it before your next meal, you're a 'supporter'....
If it ruins your entire week and you can't even eat your next meal... you're a die-hard fan(atic)!!

Back
Top Bottom