S9E38 - The Y Word | Part 2

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
In this episode we talk to writer, journalist and broadcaster Charlie Peters in an attempt to get to the bottom of why some Tottenham fans feel so strongly about being able to self-identify using the the word Yid

For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy

When I grew up Tottenham were always known as the Jewish club - moreover - the YIDS! Myself personally, I’m not Jewish , anymore than I am Christian, or Muslim... not my cup of tea that brainwashing bollocks so the so called religion-link and me has always meant sweet FA!

That said: the Islington lot and the racist Chelsea - back when- so hammered it home to me that irrespective of the “ bullshit opinions “of today - I WILL be forever a YID!

Fuck the PC brigade!

Last edited:
It's all about intent.

It seems to me, from an outside perspective, that sick of anti semitic jibes, you have elected to 'own the Y word'

By celebrating and owning this word, it's use by your enemies loses it'd potency.

I'm off to have a lie down.

:roflmao:

It's all about intent.

It seems to me, from an outside perspective, that sick of anti semitic jibes, you have elected to 'own the Y word'

By celebrating and owning this word, it's use by your enemies loses it'd potency.

I'm off to have a lie down.

:roflmao:
Interesting that you say that, as so many do today-but frankly - I don’t agree! I’m of mixed race myself - white and black are my immediate forebears - I’m mixed race of the darker hue.

The owning the N-word being a pacifier as so many claim it to be won’t stop me kicking off if the wrong person says it [to me] in the wrong way - not ever... its utter nonsense.

YID has never meant JEW, but indeed a patois of Jewish people; my daddy spoke heavy Jamaican patois and never will I be upset by it being said so.

Get a frigging grip!

Back
Top Bottom