Safe Standing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully shut up all the day trippers in the south stand.

Had some prat moaning at the guy next to us for standing on Sunday.

If you want to sit and eat your gourmet burger it should be made clear the South Stand is not the place to do it

Sounds like only Man U and Wolves will apply.

Apparently one of the government criteria is that there has to be safe standing provision in the away end too. I don’t think we do. Do we?

"Tottenham and Chelsea are among the clubs who would be able to comfortably meet the criteria for safe standing, which must be in both home and away sections."

From the Evening Standard

Edit: Although the Telegraph have said its only us and City. To think people are paid to be journalists!

I think I read before it's 1500 of the seats in the away end but they had plans to increase to 2500 when the trial is over. And south stand was 6000 rail seats
Regardless - they all stand while those home fans in the blocks either side are threatened with ejection should they dare to creep off their seats when we occasionally get near the oppo box.

We have been standing without any Steward grief this season.. Row 20, directly behind south stand goal, Seems a good few rows behind were standing as well. Not heard any moaning about standing. We do have standing "rails".

Nope, you still have a seat each. You just don't use it. What this does, is stops people behind you having any reason to moan that you are standing up. Happened to me on Sunday. We were the last row of 16 standing and the bloke behind me expected me to be able to get all other 15 rows in front of me to sit down.

I find standing inherently improves atmosphere. And it also means you don't have to be continually doing the whores drawers routine for all the people who can't go 45 minutes without needing the toilet/a pint/pie etc.
I never cease to be amazed at why people do not have a piss before the match and then last 45 mins before needing another, however many pints they have had. I understand going to the bar just before Half time or leave before the end to beat the rush but have never done it as I have paid to watch the whole match and not miss some of it.

I've stood at every home game this season, not once been told to sit.
Even when the stewards walk up and loiter for a bit.
I'm at the very back of 524 though, so not exactly interfering with anyone's view.

I never cease to be amazed at why people do not have a piss before the match and then last 45 mins before needing another, however many pints they have had. I understand going to the bar just before Half time or leave before the end to beat the rush but have never done it as I have paid to watch the whole match and not miss some of it.
I actually left as the 3rd goal went in shamefully enough. Never left early before. Not even the 2-7 against Bayern. I was just completely dejected. And thoroughly annoyed by Nuno’s final sub. It was pretty empty around us at that point.

I actually left as the 3rd goal went in shamefully enough. Never left early before. Not even the 2-7 against Bayern. I was just completely dejected. And thoroughly annoyed by Nuno’s final sub. It was pretty empty around us at that point.
Leaving because of lack of performance is understandable but some do it just to avoid crowds and get home earlier.

I left after the fifth vs Bayern and on 80 mins Sunday. Only times I have ever left early but probably shaved 45 mins off me getting home after a heavy weekend

Back
Top Bottom