Saido Berahino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will he be wearing a Spurs shirt this season?

• Yes

Votes: 109 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 93 46.0%

• Total voters
It is when it costs £40+ per Match to SEE what we've spent someone else's money on!!

Yes but if we were buying players for half a shilling like Dagenham rovers we wouldn't be premiership. Id like to think some fans are bothered about spending money because they don't want the club to go tits up(no chance of it happening) but I actually believe its because they want to cling on to something we are actually good at - having little debt which lets face it, is all that matters at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon

I don't really blame WBA for asking for £30

They know he isn't worth that, but they don't want to sell him so they have put a crazy price on him knowing we don't want to pay it.

Seems eminently sensible to me.

I wanted Berahino, but I'm impressed by theirs and everyone's stance, wish more clubs started doing that

They know he isn't worth that, but they don't want to sell him so they have put a crazy price on him knowing we don't want to pay it.

I wanted Berahino, but I'm impressed by theirs and everyone's stance, wish more clubs started doing that
I'm surprised there aren't more takers at 30 quid... no wonder he feels undervalued!!

Really impressed by Everton, complaining about big teams throwing their weight about....whilst trying to buy out Barnsley's sell on clause...

It's still 25 MILLION POUNDS though... once upon a time, they'd have had to S..P..E..L..L....I..T....O...U..T....O..N.....T..H...E....V...I...D..E...P....R...I...N...T..E...R....!!!!

I'm convinced he'll be sold. If you look at WBA spending this window it's now £26-28m net. For a club that only had a turnover of £69m (2013) that's ludicrous. They need to sell him.*

But where will he go..........

*or another

I think if Levy believes in Poch then we will buy him, but if he doesn't then he won't. I like Poch even though he has faults and he needs a proper chance at things which means he needs appropriate players where we clearly have gaps. I hope he buys him.

There is a dearth in quality strikers. I blame this new fucking system every cunt wants to play. 4-2-3-1 has made football drearier. Only a couple of teams have mastered playing it with panache whilst the rest strangle the fun out of football.

Remembering when we had Bale and Lennon, United with Giggs and Beckham, The Scum with Overmars and Ljunberg and Chelsea with Robben and Duff. The out and out winger and 4-4-2 hasn't so much been phased out as obliterated.

Berahino is a decent player but I wouldn't even qualify him as an out and out striker. I'd have preferred to have signed him (not at £25m) than not but can understand the reluctance in paying £25m.

There is a dearth in quality strikers. I blame this new fucking system every cunt wants to play. 4-2-3-1 has made football drearier. Only a couple of teams have mastered playing it with panache whilst the rest strangle the fun out of football.

Remembering when we had Bale and Lennon, United with Giggs and Beckham, The Scum with Overmars and Ljunberg and Chelsea with Robben and Duff. The out and out winger and 4-4-2 hasn't so much been phased out as obliterated.

Berahino is a decent player but I wouldn't even qualify him as an out and out striker. I'd have preferred to have signed him (not at £25m) than not but can understand the reluctance in paying £25m.

I can appreciate that.

If I coached a limited side, I'd always go 4-4-2. So much better for zonal defence, rushing and for having 2 advanced players when play breaks.

Strikers are hard to come by

Back
Top Bottom