Salvage ops

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SausageVince

end of an era
If I die of AIDS before the full time whistle against Leicester, I'm convinced it would improve my overall experience of this season.

Is there realistically anything we can take away from this year that stands us in good stead for the future? Or is everything completely fucked?

If I die of AIDS before the full time whistle against Leicester, I'm convinced it would improve my overall experience of this season.

Is there realistically anything we can take away from this year that stands us in good stead for the future? Or is everything completely fucked?
Everything is completly fucked.
The only light in this dark storm is the fact that many of us now realise it.
Have a great weekend :)

To me the only good think to take from this season is that it has marked the end of an era, and we are heading for a new start, whatever it will bring.

I prefer to look forward to the uncertainty ahead rather than keeping dwelling into the shit of the last two years

Whoever buys Kane will be paying top dollar for the finished article.
I was imagining how that might feel, you know, if Spurs did that kind of thing.

As a supporter, I don't think it would be as exciting as building a player up or unearthing an underrated superstar.

Berbatov, Bale, Modric, Walker... the fans at their destination clubs can't possibly experience the excitement we did in witnessing their development. They either get what they expect or are disappointed if a player is a flop (Torres to Chelsea, Hazard to Real, as examples).

If the likes of Kane and Son leave, their new supporters will either get what they expect, or will be disappointed. They can't really exceed expectations.

The only thing we can take away from this season is Skippy had an awesome season at Norwich and then in typical Spurs fashion got injured just before coming back to us and will now probably miss pre season!

Things will get better mate, i'm fucking despondent with the club at the moment and when we lost that UCL final I was devastated but if we fell from grace in only a few years then surely we can slowly start to rebuild and learn from this experience.

If we stop trying to patch things together with unsuitable managers and players and just go back to the basics of good healthy recruitment including academy prospects with an identity i'm sure we can do well, that's what had us in good stead this decade.

We just have to hope that our owners see it the same way (that's the scary unknown in this whole situation).

I'm just giving this season the big fucking middle finger, and fuck Woolwich and the Spam, them finishing above us in our current situation is nothing to write home about.

Mate I’ve never felt so broken from how Spurs have shown up in games this season. No fight, no passion and why can’t we come back in games anymore. Leicester don’t have an amazing squad on paper compared to ours. They’ve got some great players but they give everything for the manager and the club. Every time we concede a goal i feel like we’ve lost and there’s no way back.

Feels very bleak right now, I don't think you can take a single positive from this season really, other than it's nearly over.

Other than Kane (who looks like he's gone) there hasn't been a single player that has come out of this season that can hold their head high and say they performed well. I'm optimistic that the club couldn't really do much more next season to disenfranchise us supporters however i've been wrong before!

Back
Top Bottom