****Samuel Marino v ENGERLAND United 19:45 ITV tonight ******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will ENGERLAND win?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I think its time they re-formatted the WC and EC qualifying system.
It's ridiculous to me that Premiership footballers are being asked to play against literal part timers.
No disrespect to San Marino but last night was pointless and unnecessary on so many levels.

There should be pre-qualifiers in place and a better seeding system, it would also cut back on the amount of International breaks which is a good thing particularly if they are talking about World cups every 2 years (not that I agree with that prospect)

I think its time they re-formatted the WC and EC qualifying system.
It's ridiculous to me that Premiership footballers are being asked to play against literal part timers.
No disrespect to San Marino but last night was pointless and unnecessary on so many levels.

There should be pre-qualifiers in place and a better seeding system, it would also cut back on the amount of International breaks which is a good thing particularly if they are talking about World cups every 2 years (not that I agree with that prospect)
Thing is , they are recognized by FIFA & want to play against teams who are clearly miles better than them.

If I was eligible & asked , too represent Gibraltar or whoever . A chance to get to play at Wembley, Berlin or Paris

There’s enough separation in football between elite & grassroots level . So if the minnow countries want to play then I think they should

Thing is , they are recognized by FIFA & want to play against teams who are clearly miles better than them.

If I was eligible & asked , too represent Gibraltar or whoever . A chance to get to play at Wembley, Berlin or Paris

There’s enough separation in football between elite & grassroots level . So if the minnow countries want to play then I think they should
Of course they want to play against Icons of football, I wanted to do that when I played for the Red Lion.

And they can, if they qualify from the preliminaries.

It's a nonsense though.

England could have scored 15 if they really wanted too. Its not competitive and is a waste of everyone's time and energy. Who really wants to watch that?

Of course they want to play against Icons of football, I wanted to do that when I played for the Red Lion.

It's a nonsense though.

England could have scored 15 if they really wanted too. Its not competitive and is a waste of everyone's time and energy. Who really wants to watch that?
Who do they play in the preliminaries?
I think it’s all about fairness of each nation. Other minnows ?

It’s very rare but sometimes upsets do happen like the Faroe Isles drawing with Scotland ( I think Scotland made it a national holiday )

The friendlies are more of a problem to me . Buggers up the domestic season & most are pointless

Who do they play in the preliminaries?
I think it’s all about fairness of each nation. Other minnows ?

It’s very rare but sometimes upsets do happen like the Faroe Isles drawing with Scotland ( I think Scotland made it a national holiday )

The friendlies are more of a problem to me . Buggers up the domestic season & most are pointless
Yeah it would be something like 3-4 groups of Minnows with the winners qualifying for the qualifiers.

Some sort of co-efficient would be needed.

I don't know I'll leave that to the brain shed at FIFA.

gettyimages-51652671.jpg

One for the 'Muricans.....
That’s Dan, not Sam.

It's a nonsense though.

I'm assuming that someone out there wants to watch it and if wager these San Marino players want to play so I wouldn't say it's a waste of everyone's time.

Ultimately its 180 mins of football based over a year, no one is forcing anyone to watch it so I don't understand the energy against it especially since people go out their way to tell everyone they hate the intl break anyway.

There was also a rousing chorus of, "We're not very good" during the 2nd half from the GAWA.

It was “You’re not very good”!

I did enjoy joining in the “shit San Marino” chant. Very enjoyable evening in fact!

We could’ve grabbed the win right on 90 minutes, I was ready to go mental when it looked like Washington would score.

It was “You’re not very good”!

I did enjoy joining in the “shit San Marino” chant. Very enjoyable evening in fact!

We could’ve grabbed the win right on 90 minutes, I was ready to go mental when it looked like Washington would score.
Used to sing 'we're not' when we were winning and punctuated the gaps in the chant with the scoreline. Missed Lavery badly, still crying out for a good goalscorer. Ali McCann will be Premier League eventually IMO.

Thought Berardi looked very good for them again, would like him at Spurs.

Used to sing 'we're not' when we were winning and punctuated the gaps in the chant with the scoreline. Missed Lavery badly, still crying out for a good goalscorer. Ali McCann will be Premier League eventually IMO.

Thought Berardi looked very good for them again, would like him at Spurs.

If we had someone who could score goals (like Lafferty’s purple patch in the Euro 2016 qualifiers) we’d be looking at winning games like last night and the Euro 2020 playoff final last year.

A couple of years hence I’m hoping Jamie Donley makes it big and makes the right choice international team wise…

Regardless of the opposition, you can't argue with 15 goals from two games. England were genuinely brilliant against Albania for 45 minutes against a side that stupidly try to press us. And I've seen England teams from the past plod to 5 and 6 nil wins against the likes of San Marino. It was 10 and it genuinely could and should have been 13 or 14.

Kane's 7 goals in 2 games should do him the world of good confidence wise. But I thought Emile Smith Rowe, taking out the fact of who he plays for, looked superb. Links midfield to attack brilliantly, and it's an exciting prospect having both him and Foden in the same side if you're an England fan. We could only dream of these type of technical players 15-20 years ago.

With the squad we have, and just as importantly the team spirit now, we should regularly be making semi-finals and finals both in the Euros and World Cup.

My only concern is the forwards, who will eventually replace Kane. The likes of Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Watkins and Bamford are all good players but not of the same quality as the rest of the side. Hopefully Mason Greenwood can step up, he certainly has the most potential. Maybe Abraham too if he can start to be a bit more ruthless and consistent. I like his overall game a lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom