Sandro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He would simply walk into my starting 11, the pre-injury Sandro that is.

He would have been devastating in Poch's system, under Ange, even more so...

The guy was a beast, will never forget the blast of a header he took. Most player would have stayed down for agaes. He just got back up and stilled played like an animal. 1:01 in the vid.

Miss him, so much, has been my fav player of recent memory.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-1M0ACt8M

Just caught the end of White & Jordan..... Apparently he was their guest today........

Anyone sees a re-up of the show, please post a link.

Thx

'I nodded at Harry Redknapp but didn't understand a word – we lost 4-0'

'I nodded at Harry Redknapp but didn't understand a word – we ended up losing 4-0'​

Spurs midfielder Sandro enjoyed his best years under Harry Redknapp but the Brazilian ace couldn't always make out what he was being told to do by the English manager

SPORT
By
Kasra MoradiSports Reporter

Former Tottenham midfielder Sandro has admitted he once landed himself in trouble after failing to understand manager Harry Redknapp’s instructions.

The Brazilian midfielder, who retired this month aged 34, spent four seasons at White Hart Lane between 2010 and 2014. Two of those years overlapped with Redknapp’s reign in charge.

But one occasion in which Sandro started saw Tottenham suffer a shock 4-0 defeat against Fulham in an FA Cup fixture in January 2011. Sandro has now revealed the defeat at Craven Cottage was in large part down to the language barrier between him and Redknapp, due to the manager’s thick cockney accent.

Sandro exclusively told Ladbrokes Fanzone: “I got on with Harry [Redknapp] very well, but of course, I've got many stories of times where we didn't exactly get on! The one that springs to mind for me most came against Fulham - we played against them in the FA Cup. To be honest, I just couldn't understand a word of what he was saying.

“If he was giving me specific instructions, I didn't understand them. English, I could understand. But Harry speaks very different, so he's quite difficult to understand. So when we're in the dressing room and he's telling me to do this and do that, I'm nodding to him, as if I've taken in everything he said to me, but, to be honest, I didn't understand a word of it.

“So I step out onto the pitch, and it turns out I was playing in the wrong position. In that game in particular, Harry wanted Luka Modric to play behind me, and I was going to play further up-front alongside Rafael van der Vaart. For me, that seemed strange, because I always played in the number six position.

“So Modric came over to me early on and said ‘Sandro, this is my position for today.’ And I said ‘No, this is my position. Go away!’ After that, Van der Vaart came and spoke to me in Spanish, so I could understand what he was saying, and he explained where the manager wanted me to play.

“We lost the match 4-0. We get to Monday morning and Harry starts complaining to us about the performance, particularly in midfield. He's not happy with us at all, and then Van der Vaart explains to him…

"’Gaffer, you can't say anything because one player in this room was on the pitch and he didn't know which position he was supposed to be playing in... this is unbelievable!’"

“And I just thought 'oh my god...' When he said that, I just had everything shouted at me from Harry Redknapp. Louder and clearer than I'd ever heard him before. In this moment I understood everything!”

The stunning incident occurred during Sandro’s first season in north London, where he made 19 league appearances and 26 across all competitions. He played 106 matches over his Spurs career before a move to Queens Park Rangers.

Brazilian says Tottenham Hotspur is his ultimate dream – Not even Real Madrid or Barcelona change that​

By Sean Lunt -
11th April 2024

Former Tottenham midfielder Sandro has insisted it is his ultimate dream to manage the club, having loved his time playing there.

The former midfielder has been speaking to Gianluca di Marzio after hanging up his boots last September following further problems with injuries.

And it seems he wants to return to Tottenham at some point, with that a dream destination even if Barcelona and Real Madrid ever come calling.

“My dream is not to coach Barcelona or Real Madrid but Tottenham,” he said.

“I’m only 35 years old and have a lot of time ahead of me. I am aware that I have to work my way up first. But my goal is the Tottenham bench, which I consider the best club in London.

“Just look at what President Daniel Levy has done over the years, building the new training center and stadium. The club fights every year to enter the Champions League.

“Tottenham lacks nothing and now year after year they will build an increasingly competitive team.”

Brazilian says Tottenham Hotspur is his ultimate dream – Not even Real Madrid or Barcelona change that​

By Sean Lunt -
11th April 2024

Former Tottenham midfielder Sandro has insisted it is his ultimate dream to manage the club, having loved his time playing there.

The former midfielder has been speaking to Gianluca di Marzio after hanging up his boots last September following further problems with injuries.

And it seems he wants to return to Tottenham at some point, with that a dream destination even if Barcelona and Real Madrid ever come calling.

“My dream is not to coach Barcelona or Real Madrid but Tottenham,” he said.

“I’m only 35 years old and have a lot of time ahead of me. I am aware that I have to work my way up first. But my goal is the Tottenham bench, which I consider the best club in London.

“Just look at what President Daniel Levy has done over the years, building the new training center and stadium. The club fights every year to enter the Champions League.

“Tottenham lacks nothing and now year after year they will build an increasingly competitive team.”
Love Sandro, don't really think he's the manager type but if that's what he wants the pursue all the power to him.

I rember the club video when Kyle Walker was jumping out trying to scare the players on Halloween. Walker humped out on Sandro. No fear in Sandro, went straight after Walker. Walker shit himself

Back
Top Bottom