Sandro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a theory that DM's usually have limited window where they seem to peak & then injuries take over. That position seems to take a toll on players. Wanyama & sandro for us. Peaked then very quickly injuries took over. I was actually saying about a year ago that kante seems to have avoided that. But fast forward, he keeps getting injuries & doesn't look quite as good as he did the previous few years. Rather than just peak & regress like other positions. It seems to be peak then injuries take there toll.
Could put Palacios in that bracket too (albeit some pretty significant off-field excuses there).

The Sandro-Dembele axis we ran with for about a 1/3 of a season b4 injuries ruled it out, was the best I’ve seen.

Agreed.

What a shame Sandro was pretty much done from 2013.

Imagine Pochettino taking over a team with prime Dembele/Sandro in midfield!!?

You guys remember when Sandro fell over on the touchline when playing against Chelsea, then kept possession and the ball in play with his face?

One of my favorite Spurs memories.

Ah man I just loved Sandro at Spurs, such a character and absolute monster in midfield. It’s nice to know the love between him and the club is mutual. I still remember his ‘the beast doesn’t do crying’ interview, that was just pure golden moment. Admittedly I also have a soft spot for any Brazilians at Spurs and really always wish them to do well

Last edited:
Did he do his cruciate trying to take out Haaland vs City?

Came back and the next time they faced each other Keane cut him in half with 5 minutes to go. Got a red and a ban.
Wrote about it in his book and got another ban for saying it was premeditated.
Yeah that was it. Don't think he was the same afterwards.

The Cheese Room Podcast had a great interview with Sandro a week or so ago, mostly concerning his time at Spurs (which he loved and still misses) and an honest account of how he left the Club and his acknowledgement that it was a big mistake. Worth listening to just for his hilarious Redknapp impersonations!

The Cheese Room Podcast had a great interview with Sandro a week or so ago, mostly concerning his time at Spurs (which he loved and still misses) and an honest account of how he left the Club and his acknowledgement that it was a big mistake. Worth listening to just for his hilarious Redknapp impersonations!

It warms the cockles of your heart to hear former players talking so warmly and sincerely of their love of our Club. :love:

Back
Top Bottom