Savage gets Savaged - BBC 5 Live 01/09/2018

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly don't know why people get upset about pundits writing us off. So what? Who cares? Really? So Savage doesn't hyink we're as good as Liverpool. Fine, we'll see what happens at the end of the season won't we. It's really not worth getting upset about.

It must be pretty clear by now that you can't have a decent conversation with Savage, why bother? I honestly couldn't give a shit about his predictions, biased opinions or whatever.

I honestly don't know why people get upset about pundits writing us off. So what? Who cares? Really? So Savage doesn't hyink we're as good as Liverpool. Fine, we'll see what happens at the end of the season won't we. It's really not worth getting upset about.
I don't normally, just hearing the colossal moron get shut down like that was so funny.

It’s really odd and it feeds the absurd agenda paranoia. At the end of the day it is down to us to silence the critics and until we win something it’s only right that we draw this - we have had a team good enough to win silverware for the last four seasons.

His column in the Mirror today is all about Liverpool not deserving the CL draw they received! And that he still hasn't changed his mind about us struggling because we didn't buy anybody to bolster our squad. What is it you youngsters say? What a bell end!

I read that as well. He's such a wanker and obviously anti-Spurs, always predicts us to so shit and brings up little jibes.

I'm glad someone picked him up on it.

It’s really odd and it feeds the absurd agenda paranoia. At the end of the day it is down to us to silence the critics and until we win something it’s only right that we draw this - we have had a team good enough to win silverware for the last four seasons.

Excellent Trolling.

It's not about the silverware though is it. Liverpool have won EXACTLY the same as us in the last decade. They have finished above us once in the league in almost that time too. That's the point being made "Can Spurs push Liverpool" this was the comment that made the caller phone up, that's the point.

It's not about the silverware though is it. Liverpool have won EXACTLY the same as us in the last decade. They have finished above us once in the league in almost that time too. That's the point being made "Can Spurs push Liverpool" this was the comment that made the caller phone up, that's the point.

My point is precisely that - this isn’t about Liverpool this about us. And Savage levelled this at us ( which equally applies to Liverpool) and it will continue to be levelled at us ( and rightfully so )until we actually win something.

My point is precisely that - this isn’t about Liverpool this about us. And Savage levelled this at us ( which equally applies to Liverpool) and it will continue to be levelled at us ( and rightfully so )until we actually win something.
The point being made is NOT about winning something though. Christ. It's about showing and accusing Savage for holding a bias towards Liverpool over Spurs, this is/was the accusation being made, nothing else.

These cunts are all aware that Liverpool have won the same amount of fuck-all in the last ten years as we have, but also we’ve consistently put-performed them during that time?

The point being made is NOT about winning something though. Christ. It's about showing and accusing Savage for holding a bias towards Liverpool over Spurs, this is/was the accusation being made, nothing else.

My point as outlined in my post is that it is pointless to get worked up such things. Robbie Savage thinks Liverpool are better than us - so fucking what? Why the hell are so many of supporters so precious? So worried about what others think of us? The simple fact is that if have this level of talent available and don’t capitalise on then we invite this. Again it’s up to us to put an end such comments and accusations.

the fact that none of Savage's argument related to what was being asked at the time or a direct response to what the Spurs fan was saying, really says it all about him. His last question 'what have spurs won in the last 3 years? to the retort 'what have Liverpool won?' ...' I dont care' .... christ...the mans clueless. lets not bother caring. funny first post though OP.

My point as outlined in my post is that it is pointless to get worked up such things. Robbie Savage thinks Liverpool are better than us - so fucking what? Why the hell are so many of supporters so precious? So worried about what others think of us? The simple fact is that if have this level of talent available and don’t capitalise on then we invite this. Again it’s up to us to put an end such comments and accusations.
Not precious about it one bit, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Savage, I think that view is reciprocal amongst most Spurs fans reading the comments in here. The same with the bloke that phones up, he ain't precious, he ain't fuming and frothing at the mouth, he calm and articulate. Being a fan means you are aloud to speak up for your own team you know, you should try it some time.

For fucks sake fella, the point being made is our performances have warranted better comments from Savage (they have finished below us for nearly an entire decade!!). For the 3rd time, THAT'S THE POINT BEING MADE.

Not precious about it one bit, I couldn't give a flying fuck about Savage, I think that view is reciprocal amongst most Spurs fans reading the comments in here. The same with the bloke that phones up, he ain't precious, he ain't fuming and frothing at the mouth, he calm and articulate. Being a fan means you are aloud to speak up for your own team you know, you should try it some time.

For fucks sake fella, the point being made is our performances have warranted better comments from Savage (they have finished below us for nearly an entire decade!!). For the 3rd time, THAT'S THE POINT BEING MADE.

He has called a national radio phone in show to complain about Savage’s and the media’s bias with Liverpool over us. Of course that’s being precious - again a pundit believes another team is better than us - the normal response is so what? It’s not to call up a radio station and go on about being biased and trying present agendas.

Robbie Savage saying positive or negative comments means nothing and people are being highly selective here as usual. The likes of Caragher and Neville were waxing lyrical about us last Monday. Carragher a Liverpool legend stated 3-4 times that we had finished above Liverpool in 8 out of the last 9 seasons and both stated we should be considered in the title picture. But hey Robbie Savage didn’t so this should be the response? I’m perfectly aware of the point of this thread - it’s why I have counted it with the point ‘I’ made. It’s not that hard to grasp.

First post on this forum, so hi...

I don't know if anyone has been listening to BBC 5 Live today, but I implore everyone who thinks like I do, that Robbie Savage is a biased prick who isn't as knowledgeable as he thinks he is, to go onto the BBC website now and listen to 5 live starting at about the 18:16 mark.

This is because a Spurs fan calls in who is calling Savage out on his seeming bias against Spurs and bias towards Liverpool, not only does he clearly catch Savage out on lying about picking Liverpool to win the league two seasons ago (a point partly backed up by the host, I forget his name), he also shuts down Savage on virtually every counterpoint he tries to make.

It's so satisfying to listen to, hearing a member of media get called out on their obvious bias against Spurs and towards the whinging Bindippers known as Liverpool F. C.

Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

But all fans are biased. Savage is from Wrexham so hes bound to prefer a north west team to a London team.

He has called a national radio phone in show to complain about Savage’s and the media’s bias with Liverpool over us. Of course that’s being precious - again a pundit believes another team is better than us - the normal response is so what? It’s not to call up a radio station and go on about being biased and trying present agendas.

Robbie Savage saying positive or negative comments means nothing and people are being highly selective here as usual. The likes of Caragher and Neville were waxing lyrical about us last Monday. Carragher a Liverpool legend stated 3-4 times that we had finished above Liverpool in 8 out of the last 9 seasons and both stated we should be considered in the title picture. But hey Robbie Savage didn’t so this should be the response? I’m perfectly aware of the point of this thread - it’s why I have counted it with the point ‘I’ made. It’s not that hard to grasp.
You made the point about trophies, when it's not about trophies, completely irrelevant to the topic, so actually you are struggling to grasp it, in fact you haven't and are still not grasping it. Just accept it fella, you are doing what you always do, just keep digging deeper, there's no need, just accept it.

No one is talking about Neville or Caragher. We are talking about Savage. We think Savage is being a twat and given the evidence presented it's justified to think this. That's all, that's all it's about, nothing else just a simple thing that Savage is a twat and doesn't have a coherent argument to back up his statement.

It's a Radio phone-in show, he doing what it says on the tin. He's calmly and articulately held him to account. That's all.

Back
Top Bottom