Schadenfreude from the halfway line

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every year, for the last 12 years, there is one night when a small group of us have always had a propa well good drinking celebration involving many, many pints the night after Woolwich ALWAYS get kicked out of the Champions League.

For the last eight years, each year, this has also usually involved extra beers to celebrate both the continued totally dusty trophy cabinet confirmation yet again at the Effemirates, and the hugely entertaining (and contractually obliged) apoplectic interviews with Wenger on TV.

This year we are faced with a dilemma and would like to ask fellow TFC members their views on which one of the following four nights we should book up in advance to get massively pissed yet again this year for this traditional annual celebration. (We probably can't do all of them)
All advice, and any recommendations, gratefully received.

1. Feb 17 tmrw night - as Blackburn did a Bradford today ruling out any hope of any silverware.

2. Feb 20 Wed night - the night after Robben, Ribery, Pizarro and Kroos make it 0:4 in the 1st leg.

3. Feb 27 Wed night the night after Woolwich lose away 8:2 in Munich.

4. 6pm Sunday 3 March

:goonermong:

I would never get over confident about anything in football, wait until they are out and and not just out, out but properly OUT.

Also go ahead and have a piss up if/when we finish above them.

I would never get over confident about anything in football, wait until they are out and and not just out, out but properly OUT.

Also go ahead and have a piss up if/when we finish above them.

I know we are a superstitious bunch and all that, but Woolwich are not winning the Champions League, no matter how many times I say they won't. You don't loose to Blackburn and Bradford and then take on Europe's greatest, they are out of contention for silverware, be happy :ade:

I'd love to agree with that totally rational, well thought out, reasoned argument.,., but ArseAnal are non of those, and I will never trust them enough NOT to go and do something as cunty as that,
until it's mathematically possible they won't finish above us, or physically impossible due to them being knocked out, I can relax...

It would be just like them to win the CL making the last 8 years an irrelevance, and convince themselves they never happened!

But as you say, you don't lose to Bradford and Blackburn in both cups, then go on to win the CL!! It's physically and morally impossible.... Isn't it???

Maybe Wenger has decided both domestic cups are Mickey Mouse affairs, more fit to testing the mettle of kids with fitness issues, like that Wilshere lad.

Why not celebrates Tottenhams victories instead of our rivals failures? Odd to me.

you clearly aren't aware of bill nicholson's famous quote...

"It is better to hate invading gooner scum than to be ambivalent to this cancerous growth infecting everything indigenous north londoners hold dear. And we of spurs have set our hate very high, so high in fact that gooner failure will have in it an echo of glory."

I'm over for the NLD, but have to leave straight after the game (will be with my daughter who has school in the morning).

However, quite happy to precede events with a jar in the Gilpin and then the Coach.

Congratulations, you get my first ever neg rep. Did you learn nothing from "mind the gap"?

Frontwheel, I hope you are not a Woolwich Troll!?

You have disagreed with a post that simply asked for recommendations on the best date for the annual big drink up celebrating Woolwich getting absolutely nowhere in the CL every year yet again.

Away and home Bayern Munich will annihilate the Scum.

Frontwheel, I hope you are not a Woolwich Troll!?

You have disagreed with a post that simply asked for recommendations on the best date for the annual big drink up celebrating Woolwich getting absolutely nowhere in the CL every year yet again.

Away and home Bayern Munich will annihilate the Scum.

I'm fairly certain you started the match thread for the 5-2 beating we took when we last faced the scum. :bmj:

And you disappeared until now to start a similar thread, could it be that you are the Woolwich troll? :gallashmm:

I'm fairly certain you started the match thread for the 5-2 beating we took when we last faced the scum. :bmj:

And you disappeared until now to start a similar thread, could it be that you are the Woolwich troll? :gallashmm:

Furthermore, I can vouch for Frontwheel's Yiddo credentials. He makes me wear a David Ginola mask when I bum him.

Fixed that for you, T.

Very very hurt to be accused of being from Woolwich.

I remember getting told off as a new member for starting that Woolwich away post far too early. Still learning TFC posting etiquette.

The first 20 minutes looked like it was heading for a 5:1 away win then the game was ruined by the very overexcited :adegrin2:

No offence intended to a man who worships the great Ginola.

Very very hurt to be accused of being from Woolwich.

I remember getting told off as a new member for starting that Woolwich away post far too early. Still learning TFC posting etiquette.

The first 20 minutes looked like it was heading for a 5:1 away win then the game was ruined by the very overexcited :adegrin2:

No offence intended to a man who worships the great Ginola.

None taken. I've been called worse in my time. Oh, actually I haven't, because there isn't a worse insult. But still, no offence taken.

My original comment was only to say: never count your chickens where them dial square plumsted marsh dwellers are concerned. They have a habit of being jammy cunts. Also, as we saw last season, a team can win the CL on pure luck.

Back
Top Bottom