Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch DID say in the summer that everyone has been given a clean slate so I do hope some of these guys are given the chance to impress. Being surrounded by better players will make you look better, hide your weaknesses and above all, we all love to see a promising talent succeed.
With the exception of Janssen, who simply had a clean plate.

giphy.gif

Another one of the benefits of Poch? By having a coaching staff with a mentality and philosophy of giving talented and hard working kids a shot, this could be the difference between us getting and promoting exciting prospects and some of the other bigger named ones getting all the talent.

When it comes down to it, they just want to play, so the team that offers them the best chance of that is far more attractive than others.

Can see both sides but when a young player:

• Is called out by Poch as needing to knuckle down
• Gets farmed out as not making the grade
• Loan is cut short due to mentality and attitude problems

You would think it would be a wake-up call to sort yourself out. Football, more than ever before is about a player's brand and living to a clubs values, especially us – I'm ok with that.

He then follows the above with:

• Posts ridiculous videos of himself and his mates on social media
• Posts images of him with attitude online

He is 20 and not achieving much in a highly competitive industry

So to call him out, I don't see it as a witch hunt – the guy seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic to not realise, close his social accounts and start knuckling down. If he doesn't he could disappear into obscurity. He'll be more gutted of that than me but I would prefer he turned it around and lit up the league as one of our own.

It's a forum and it's where we chat about these things, hopefully nobody is hassling him directly.

Already on the outs with the Norwich manager apparently.

Farke has said that Edwards needs to get a "grown up attitude" and work on his defensive contributions.

FFS kid
Actually what he said was : "Marcus Edwards has to learn more about playing without the ball. He's brilliant with the ball."
"There is no risk with him. He's highly-rated and if he needs a bit longer, that's fine. He's worked well this week but needs to learn more."
"We're looking for Marcus to change his attitude on the pitch slightly. There is no pressure on him and no risk for us.

He’s a kid!

If a senior pro turns up late, gives attitude etc then they deserve to be shown the door.

With kids, it’s inportant to guide them and teach them. His attitude could change with the right mentoring. It’s more than just about his career at Spurs, it’s important that he has a career at all. It’s easy to give up on someone and perhaps he will fall into a bad place if we do so.
He’s on a professional contract. School days are over, time to be a grown up and go into work on time. FFS most people’s days are half over by the time footballers report, and the footballers are still back at home on the couch talking nonsense to their model girlfriends hours before we punch out.

Attitude problems are one thing, and sometimes they can be indicative of greatness within a person. Michael Jordan, for instance, was by all accounts a complete nightmare for anyone to deal with from management to coaches and teammates. Cantona was difficult. Ronaldo is a selfish prick. But if you can’t show up at work mid-morning, you’re a cunt. Period.

Some interesting inside knowledge about Edwards if anyone is interested.

My mate is one of the physio's at Brentford. Edwards has been with them the last few days training.

My friend said everything that we have already heard about him. My friend had no knowledge of Edwards before last week.

He said is attitude is terrible. He struts around with his shorts down his arse and looks completely disinterested.

My friend spent some time giving him some treatment on an existing injury and he told him that he enjoyed his time living in Rotterdam and playing on Holland. He is rather quite but this comes across as arrogance.

Edwards wasn't really too keen to do much work. The Brentford fitness test broke Edwards and he chose not to continue.

As we have heard before, the coaching staff can see he has the potential to be an excellent player but are worried how is attitude will effect the squad. Brentford sent Edwards back but my friend is unsure if he will be back.

Just thought I'd share that. Better than all the itk transfer bollocks I suppose.

Saw him in yesterdays training vid too.
EDIT: Sorry just noticed this posted already. Schoolboy error a) Don't post Marcus Edwards stuff in Marcus Edwards thread b) Should have checked in the obvious place the Transfer thread first even though he is one of our players and therefore we will not be buying him.

Last edited:
We shouldnt overhype or put to much pressure on what will be the next Messi, we must give him time and space to become as good as Maradona.

:angryscouser:

Back
Top Bottom