Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're good enough you're old enough. Pochettino seems like the type of manager who will put a player in a sink or swim environment.

We will probably see Edwards on the bench in some league games and given a full start in the league cup 3rd Round.

What an exciting talent.

If you're good enough you're old enough. Pochettino seems like the type of manager who will put a player in a sink or swim environment.

We will probably see Edwards on the bench in some league games and given a full start in the league cup 3rd Round.

What an exciting talent.
Storm preseason.

Come off the bench in the first couple of league games.

Starter by November.

Second coming of Alli, baby!

I say this jokingly.

Unless it actually happens.
:levyeyes:

Like the way he burst from midfield for the third goal, and the way he finished it. Yes it's RUFC, but he looks like he wants to get into the space behind.

Nice little cameo off the bench I felt, looked impressive and I reckon he will get some minutes this season.

Also I think it is time for a change of thread name after his haircut. I propose 'The Official Marcus Edwards circle Jerk thread'.

Well, having played 30 minutes of a pre season friendly against the Italian Champions on the other side of the planet, I think we can all agree that Marcus Edwards is the single greatest player to ever play the sport of football.

Last edited:
Hope to see him starting against Atletico along with some of the other kids. They looked much more knowledgeable when it comes to a Pochettino team and put the likes of Chadli and Mason to shame.

Didn't play as well as Winks or Onamah but no one whats to talk about them.....

Yeah this is me trying to cool everyone down, Edwards is probably the best 17yr old in the country right now, we all no that, but lets start raving about him when he does something to rave about. He was tidy today, didn't lose the ball, liked how he turned when back to goal, liked his close control, perhaps the best thing is he didn't look scared at all. But that was it, a good performance.

even a friendly is a step up, hope he makes it but surely a loan to a Championship club is the best for him, seems a way off first team tbf. I'm not knocking the kid looks to have bags of talent but needs strength and awareness which comes from training and playing in a competitive environment week in week out. Look at Yeldlin. Still a way to go but such a different player to last year and that's just one season on loan with bit performances...

Back
Top Bottom