Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Edwardss.gif

Looked bright but physically still too small, I wouldn't count on seeing to much of him this season

I disagree. I don't think he looked out of place out there. He's one of those rare talents who will glide past you before you even have the opportunity to take him out. In fact, he will be the type who will put fear into the opposition to where they don't know if they should TRY and take him out not or fear being embarrassed.

I think it's certainly too early for Premier League games, starting wise. I think for example against Sunderland at the weekend, if he was on the bench, I'd loved to have seen him come on but I think his time on the bench, especially in league games will be severely limited.

I've mentioned before but N'Koudou, Sissoko, Janssen will all be ahead of him on the bench when we have a full strength eleven. The other positions will be filled up by the likes of Wanyama, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Trippier, Vorm etc.

Continue to be impressed with him. The ball just seems to stick to his feet even running at full speed. I see no reason he can't be an impact sub brought on when we need a goal.

That run at the end was incredible, would have been goal of the season

The guy doing our post game coverage on BBC 5 Live last night made sure to point out how good he was. He basically said, "he's getting compared to Messi which sounds ridiculous but after watching him last night...he kind of looked like Messi"
:levylol:

I think I must be the only fan who doesn't think Edwards is all that. Looks like he has some ability but he's so overrated at this stage, in my opinion. Only 17 though, may develop into a superstar.

I want to see more of Edwards... but at the same time he is 17 and I don't want to see him too much because it might rush him and hurt his development. But then if he doesn't play will he push to go elsewhere? And maybe we could use him as a bench option... but he's only 17 and could easily be held back a couple years and still be a youngster at 19 making an impact. HOW DO WE HANDLE THIS GEM.

I hope that we liaise closely with Barcelona regarding growth hormone treatments to ensure he becomes Messi, I hope Poch's Espanyol days don't hinder our chances of receiving medical advice.

giphy.gif

Like that he seems determined to want to succeed. He's at the club to do it with a great set up and a great coach in Pochettino.

Exciting times for sure.

Like that he seems determined to want to succeed. He's at the club to do it with a great set up and a great coach in Pochettino.

Exciting times for sure.

Good point, imagine being a young flair player with this amount of hype. You'd forgive him if he looked to play safe, be tidy and go in to his shell a bit, but then he would remember he will have a combination of either Dembele, Dier or Wanyama behind him.

Imagine the confidence that would give him to express himself as well our recently obvious and very welcome onus on youth development.

Back
Top Bottom