Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

was he good there or was the defender really bad? he didn't seem to have to do a lot - I know he had to realize the gap was there etc.

Players with low centre of gravity are relatively hard to defend against. Especially if their balance is as good as Edwards'

Defender doesn't know what to do. That touch Edwards takes to the defenders left is near on perfect, right amount of weight. Only thing defender can do in that situation is foul.

Saying that, the most impressive part was his composure to find Sessegnon with the pass instead of just smashing it across goal.

Let me try to understand this. If my nutsack was really massive and streched out so it was hanging really low. That would mean I then would have a low center of gravity. Then when I approach a defender with my ball (foot) he wouldn't know what to do. Correct? Sounds plausible.

I haven't seen nearly enough of him, looks like a little Lennon but reviews seem to rate him far higher in terms of potential. Tidy little player.

I haven't seen nearly enough of him, looks like a little Lennon but reviews seem to rate him far higher in terms of potential. Tidy little player.

He has great vision and intelligence on the ball which is the opposite of Lennon. He's not nearly as fast, but much better in tight areas. He's very different.

No where near as quick. I'd say the only thing they had in common where that they are under 6ft.

Edwards ceiling is much higher.

Wouldn't mind you sending him or Josh Onomah on loan to Swansea! I think we've been linked with the latter?
Very unlikely. Pochettino prefers to keep the best young prospects at the club, training in his methods and potentially with the first-team squad. We only tend to loan out those we don't expect to make it and just want to eventually get a decent fee for.

Let me try to understand this. If my nutsack was really massive and streched out so it was hanging really low. That would mean I then would have a low center of gravity. Then when I approach a defender with my ball (foot) he wouldn't know what to do. Correct? Sounds plausible.
get to Bazali Bazali 's age, and a low hanging nutsack is no longer on the wishlist

:pochshock:

Downing didn't even put him on in place of Buckley when he subbed him I see.
Sessegnon set up Breterton with an offside goal early on. They looked suspect when going directly at them
Wasn't coming from Buckley down the right though.
Replaced Dozzel,with Da Silva who I thought was average, and Edun was having a nightmare. Central midfield looked nothing special imo.
Don't know about the other 50 mins becuase I didn't watch it. There wasn't much happening. Except when Sessegnon and I think Sterling once, ran at their defence.
I thought it would have been an ideal game for Edwards.
Still I think it's a pace thing with downing, and maybe a physical thing too.

Back
Top Bottom