Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some interesting inside knowledge about Edwards if anyone is interested.

My mate is one of the physio's at Brentford. Edwards has been with them the last few days training.

My friend said everything that we have already heard about him. My friend had no knowledge of Edwards before last week.

He said is attitude is terrible. He struts around with his shorts down his arse and looks completely disinterested.

My friend spent some time giving him some treatment on an existing injury and he told him that he enjoyed his time living in Rotterdam and playing on Holland. He is rather quite but this comes across as arrogance.

Edwards wasn't really too keen to do much work. The Brentford fitness test broke Edwards and he chose not to continue.

As we have heard before, the coaching staff can see he has the potential to be an excellent player but are worried how is attitude will effect the squad. Brentford sent Edwards back but my friend is unsure if he will be back.

Just thought I'd share that. Better than all the itk transfer bollocks I suppose.

Strange news considering this article Marcus Edwards outlines his future ambitions ahead of Spurs return

Made it seem like the kid finally grew up some

Marcus Edwards is not at training, he is looking for a new club. His recent interview did suggest he still hasn't sorted his mentality out yet. He was still blaming others and not taking responsibility for his own failure to progress. That shouts that he still feels he is entitled as opposed to having to fight for a place by working hard, constantly improving and taking a chance when it is offered.

This kid is going nowhere. Ricky Sacks saying he wants to leave the club permanently.
Will he ever play in the premier league? I have my doubts.

Never going to make it, the lad simply isn’t willing to work hard. Comparing him to Messi was probably one of the dumbest things Poch has ever done, after that quote this boy put his slippers on and hasn’t taken them off since.

Never going to make it, the lad simply isn’t willing to work hard. Comparing him to Messi was probably one of the dumbest things Poch has ever done, after that quote this boy put his slippers on and hasn’t taken them off since.

He literally said he reminded him a little bit of Messi. Due to size and left foot.

And that he needed to work hard to make it.

I think that then blaming Poch for Marcus deciding to not work hard on his game is pushing it tbh.

He did the same with CCV in the same season, said he was going to be one of the best centre halves in Europe one day or some bollocks, the kid literally hasn't improved a smidge since.
Poch definitely realised what a monumental error this was and has learned from it. He very rarely praises any of our youngsters now apart from the customary 'he played well'.

According to some, he's more worthy than Lamela.

Who was that Sammy? Was it you?

I agree with you on this one. Marcus is a special talent.

He is more talented than Lamela, no question. Just lacks the physicality to make it in the PL it seems. It's often what prevents promising youth players from making it.

Adama Traore is the classic example of a player having a relatively successful career based purely on his physical attributes and very little actual skill.

I wouldn't write off Edwards just yet. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes abroad and does really well.

He did the same with CCV in the same season, said he was going to be one of the best centre halves in Europe one day or some bollocks, the kid literally hasn't improved a smidge since.
Poch definitely realised what a monumental error this was and has learned from it. He very rarely praises any of our youngsters now apart from the customary 'he played well'.
CCV's problem has never been his attitude

I guess Pochettino hoped it might motivate him to live up to the hype. Clearly hasn’t turned out that way.

Having said that, I’m not sure how much you can gain from on-field performances when he’s playing for a shit team and surrounded by shit players, though of course he’s up against pretty shit players too. Spurs are probably way more interested in his attitude and professionalism.

In the most absolute silence, Udinese finally beat the bands.
Marcus Edwards of Tottenham U23 has arrived in Udine. The boy is a class of '98 and is an English U21 national.
With his country shirt he has made two goals in 8 appearances. Born right wing, he can also do the midfielder. He can boast two experiences on loan at Norwich and at the Excelsior.
Last year in Eredivisie he played 25 games.

Last edited:
It's really interesting to read people predictions about Edwards, apparantly we should have sold Sissoko 2 and a half years ago and given his place to an 18 year old Marcus Edwards:

I'm not judging him on price tag. I'm saying with 4 years previous Premier League he should be better than he is. He isn't afforded the same leeway as Lamela due to age and said experience. We bought him to be useful immediately, we bought Lamela with a view to the future. Lamela last season, and this before his injury, was coming good. You give Sissoko the same time, he'll be 30 and out of his prime. Their situations aren't comparable in a footballing sense.

Sissoko has never had a good season in the Premier League. Lamela has.

We should cut our losses on him and utilise Edwards more next season imo.

I wonder what happened to that Schmood guy. Seemed to talk a lot of nonsense.

It's really interesting to read people predictions about Edwards, apparantly we should have sold Sissoko 2 and a half years ago and given his place to an 18 year old Marcus Edwards:

I wonder what happened to that Schmood guy. Seemed to talk a lot of nonsense.

I remember saying on here that I hoped he reach the level of Raheem sSterling and a few shot me down for low expectations!

Back
Top Bottom